Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 240GL Sedan for Sale

Views : 920

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 3rd, 2016, 21:17   #1
Sherwood67

Default Volvo 240GL Sedan for Sale

Up for sale is my much admired Volvo 240 GL Auto, 1990. To be honest I'm a bit gutted to sell this one but I’m desperate to get a new van - self employed, I manufacture furniture and restore VW campers, I cant afford to keep 2 vehicles on the road at present. I chanced upon this car a couple of months ago and just couldn't resist it !

It's done 140,476 miles, but will go up as at the moment this is my everyday car. MOT expires 12 January 2016, advisory - 'ball joint has slight play' and 'rear brake fluctuating, but not excessively nearside'. My MOT tester is a fussy chap, it drives faultlessly, he actually said it was like a car that had done 40,000 miles not 140,000! Since I've had it all I've done is replace a section of exhaust pipe that had a slight blow. I've driven it pretty much everyday since I got it and its been fantastic. Faults that I know of - no radio but all wiring is there, the sunroof is missing its handle so I presume its not working - I've not tried to open it seeing as its the middle of winter! The bodywork is excellent, really straight with lovely chrome trim, very small amount of rust on the rear arches which you would do well to notice and a little bit at the end of the sills. Front arches are excellent. Really good underneath, clean boot and engine bay, interior is really nice - no broken bits, heated seats work! There is loads of paperwork with the car it's been really well cared for as is obvious from its appearance and how it drives. It's had 5 keepers but 3 of those were in the same family for the last 20 years. Cam belt was last done at 126,180 miles. Take a look at the photo's, any more info then give me a call, Simon (07738 166445) or message. Price £2400 ono.
For more photographs copy and paste this address in your browser - http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/De...?sort=3&page=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8498.jpg (110.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8485_2.jpg (99.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8495.jpg (111.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8421.jpg (68.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8530.jpg (94.4 KB, 67 views)
Sherwood67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2016, 21:10   #2
Sherwood67

Default More photos, offers?

Hi Folks,
just a few more photographs for you. Comes with pair of original swedish headlamp reflectors and spare radio with the matching surround. Loads of paperwork with this old gal as you can see. Prior to owning this I also owned another 240 GL which had half the mileage of this one but was not nearly as good. This a seriously good looking car and I would like it to go to an enthusiast who look after her, please don't make me Ebay her! I'm open to offers, any questions then please fire away!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8569.jpg (85.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8587.jpg (88.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8590.jpg (61.7 KB, 16 views)
Old Feb 10th, 2016, 12:11   #3
Sherwood67

Default Now on Car and Classic website

Just to let everyone know that I have reduced this beautiful Volvo, now £1950, and it is also advertised on Car and Classic website.
Old Feb 17th, 2016, 19:49   #4
Sherwood67

Default MOT UNTIL 2017 not 2016 as in ad!!!!

Hi Folks,
Just realised that the date in the ad is wrong! The car has 11 months MOT left and is MOT'd until January 2017!
Simon.