Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 rear dampers leaking parts options

Views : 1260

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2016, 11:43   #1
Ianfromnotts

Default C70 rear dampers leaking parts options

I have a knocking noise coming from the rear of the car, C70 D5 90k on bumpy roads investigation shows the rear dampers are both leaking oil.

The fronts were swapped out last year for Sachs touring so it makes sense to replace the rears with the same. I also propose to replace the top mounts but what about the dust covers/bump stop and spring mounts?

Visually the dust covers look ok but I am guessing the bump stops would benefit from being replaced and given the relatively low cost it probably makes sense.

I cant find aftermarket rubber spring mounts so do these wear ?

I was looking to use SKS car parts but it looks as if they might not be trading right now. Best prices I can find are from the German based best part store which has variable on-line feedback.

Dampers (31262659) Sachs 315 305 - £45 each
Top Mounts (30760162) Sachs 802 539 - £23 each
Dust Cover kit Sachs 900 200 - £14 covers both side
Spring Mount (31277012) ???

Any suggestion on a UK suppliers who might have similar prices and any views on if I am likely to need the dust covers and spring mounts
Ianfromnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2016, 19:56   #2
Ianfromnotts

found a Tallinn based supplier "spareto" thinking about giving them a try ...
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 17:56   #3
Ianfromnotts

Thumbs up a brief review on spareto.co.uk

OK first thing to know is that despite the .co.uk web address this parts supplier is based in Tallin, Estonia. Part of the EU now so no worries about import duties.

Highly competitive pricing, excellent packing, next day delivery to UK (DHL express) was all very impressive. The only reason I wouldn't give them 5 stars on this occasion was the lack of information on what was happening about an item that was out of stock.

Ok it only took them a couple of days to source an alternative, higher priced, part at no extra cost to me but it did give me a couple of days of worry not knowing what was going on. A quick email would have saved me a lot of worry as all the parts showed as in stock and ready for next day shipping when I ordered.

Also I couldn't get the bank credit card payment option to work for me for some reason so had to use paypal. Not a big deal because you don't need an account and you can use credit cards but it did cost me an extra GBP8 on the exchange rate conversion.

The price breakdown including vat was

Sachs Rear Strut Mounts £20.69 each
Sachs Touring Dampers £41.26 each
Dust cover kit x 1 £14.28
Express DHL shipping £19.58

Would I use spareto.co.uk again most certainly.

Last edited by Ianfromnotts; Feb 11th, 2016 at 18:01. Reason: added prices

Tags
c70 2006, rear dampers, rear strut mount, spareto, spareto.co.uk