Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Look what I bought

Views : 2461

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 19:42   #21
brens-s80
VOC Member

Talking gotta go

Hi Caprimanuk,

you've gotta go, as many of the previous posters have said its for "ALL" volvo's and its a really good place to but faces and names together with seeing nice nice cars.

Anyways if I'am coming over from Ireland in my 1991 240 I EXPECT to see you there as well ;-D { No pressure }

look forward to seeing you

brendan
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 20:23   #22
Mike1967
Premier Member

Oh great.................no pressure then hey !

Would be nice to meet Ian I suppose ! Hes been great on here finding me a 240 .

But then I bought this one which he didnt find me ! !
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 21:04   #23
Velorum
VOC Member

Ah, but I may be able to help you with the next one....

As for the BKV, I have it in my dairy and all being well be there for the Sunday at least......it will be good to have a chat with some of the forum chaps in the real world as opposed to the virtual one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sid james.jpg (3.3 KB, 75 views)
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 04:28   #24
gloster_man
VOC Member

A nice-looking car: congratulations!

It looks easily good enough for you to show it in June. We'll try to get up too.

Dan C.
gloster_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 09:48   #25
Andy Bytheway

Smile

Hi,
Glad to see you found a 240 at last - looks really nice - although I am over the moon with my 850, it doesn't have the character of the old 240's and it seems that ever since I sold mine I have seen 240's everywhere just shouting at me "you fool why did you sell it"!! - I can vouch for all the other comments about the national, it is a really good day out and there is absolutely no snobbery at all - in fact quite the opposite, no matter what condition of your own car - good place for the odd spare and to look enviously at all the immaculate cars on show - but then I think well I like driving mine not polishing it for hours and hours - each to their own - anyway congratulations on your new car - don't ever sell it!
Andy
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:01   #26
Mike1967
Premier Member

Andy thanks for the kind words regarding the 240 . You know I have been wanting a 240 for quite some time but now I have one it just doesnt feel ok for me . I just dont know why , it just seems ....how do I say............just odd !

Im just a little scared as the back end is a little low to the ground and I just dont want to be throwing heavy money at it .

Want to buy a 240 ??
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 17:26   #27
LankyTim
Missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimanuk View Post
Andy thanks for the kind words regarding the 240 . You know I have been wanting a 240 for quite some time but now I have one it just doesnt feel ok for me . I just dont know why , it just seems ....how do I say............just odd !

Im just a little scared as the back end is a little low to the ground and I just dont want to be throwing heavy money at it .

Want to buy a 240 ??

yes!, no, yes no no no... errm, no

Let me check with the wife... no.

Its a shame to get rid of it but if its not for you its not for you i guess, atleast youve tried it out!
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 10:05   #28
Andy Bytheway

Hi,
Very very tempting but space is my problem!! - All I would say is don't make any hasty decisions ! you didn't pay a lot for it so why not try it for a few months and see if it grows on you? mine certainly did - the back ends always seem to be low on these - I changed my rear springs & dampers and it made quite a bit of difference (not that expensive or difficult either) one other tip is to make sure your tyre pressures are spot on as I found that even a slight drop in tyre pressure made the handling noticeably different.
Regards
Andy