Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The definitive VIDA & DiCE settings thread.

Views : 41262

Replies : 155

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 14th, 2015, 18:02   #141
daveyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhorsley5 View Post
I did have a problem with IE11. I'm not sure if it was IE11 or the IBM Trusteer Rapport security software (which came from my online banking)
I loaded IE 9 or 10, but still hit this error (above)
I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit, .NET 4.5.2 and the Registry key about EnableIEHosting=1 is present.
Uninstall the net 4.5.2 and it should work ok
daveyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2015, 19:08   #142
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
Moderators:
With so much good information and discussion can we make this thread a sticky please!
Mmmm about illegally obtained copyright software (assuming you do not purchase it from Volvo!) .... doubtful laundryman, surprised they allow the discussion about Vida etal at all, some other marques forums such discussions are banned, or the manufacturer in question has intervened/objected.

Would be useful though!

Last edited by TruckbusUK; Oct 14th, 2015 at 19:17. Reason: marques for manufactures as the Volvo Forums are not manufacturer owned/sponsored/operated.
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2015, 15:46   #143
laundryman
The Engineer

Hmm,take your Point. Could always do a bit of redacting!! Glad I'm on a fairly laid back forum!
laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2015, 13:05   #144
jonm

Default Which VIDA/DICE supplier

There are a number of suppliers of VIDA/DICE on ebay in the price range £60 to £90.

The original poster A Lex used "Bestobd2shop" current price £88 including delivery, 97.9 % positive feedback, as given by link below,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/latest-ver...UAAOSwv0tVZ-S0

Another supplier is "Bideshop2009" £59.55 including delivery, 99.2%positive feedback, as given by link below,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-Ver...0AAOSw3ydVrKS8

There other suppliers on aliexpress and elsewhere. I would appreciate any comments or feedback on suppliers before I go ahead and make a purchase.
Regards
Jon
jonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 13:23   #145
jonm

Default Vida Patch

I am in the process of installing vida and have the program installed but am struggling to install the patch. On my DVD there is a file called
"Patch Vida 2014-A-B-C-D.rar"

Just clicking on the file gets the pop-up "windows cannot open this file". I cannot find any instructions on the dvd and looking on the internet so far has not helped. Can anyone tell me how to run the patch.

Many thanks
Jon
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 14:28   #146
jonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm View Post
I am in the process of installing vida and have the program installed but am struggling to install the patch. On my DVD there is a file called
"Patch Vida 2014-A-B-C-D.rar"

Just clicking on the file gets the pop-up "windows cannot open this file". I cannot find any instructions on the dvd and looking on the internet so far has not helped. Can anyone tell me how to run the patch.

Many thanks
Jon
I think I have sorted this, used winrar to unpack the file then ran the patch. Vida seems to be working now, just got the dice to install, fingers crossed.
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 13:25   #147
slycom

Default Daytime Running Lights

Hi,

I tried to find light sensor or something related to DRL which allows me control the lights (or maybe fog lights) based on light sensor (twinsensor). The problem is that I couldn't find any thing related. My car is XC90 D5 2007 model. I used programming function but it doesn't work as I expected. The changes made to DRL does nothing. I can change only the 'Flex' options but it has nothing to DRL.

I build an electronic devices which allows me send proper messages to the CAN-BUS. This way I want to switch on/off my fog lights but first at all I need to find any signal coming from twin sensor.
slycom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2015, 12:48   #148
jonm

Default Connecting and disconnecting VIDA/DICE

I have dice/vida working and connecting to the car. Yersterday I read the codes which related to lights, door locks, clutch sensor etc. Disconnected the dice, without deleting any codes and checked the car started. Felt very pleased with myself. Today I go to car and it will not start.

I appreciate that this is not the thread to be discussing car not starting but does anyone have any advice on connecting and disconnecting vida/dice to the car which I think is relevant to this thread.

Thanks
Jon
Old Nov 15th, 2015, 13:47   #149
jonm

Default Car not starting, wifi interference from DICE/Computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm View Post
I have dice/vida working and connecting to the car. Yersterday I read the codes which related to lights, door locks, clutch sensor etc. Disconnected the dice, without deleting any codes and checked the car started. Felt very pleased with myself. Today I go to car and it will not start.

I appreciate that this is not the thread to be discussing car not starting but does anyone have any advice on connecting and disconnecting vida/dice to the car which I think is relevant to this thread.

Thanks
Jon
Car is now working. Normally my car starts with no problems. The only previous time it has not started was over 2 years ago when away from home, AA coulld not start it so AA Relay home. AA man then tried starting it at home and very reluctantly it started and after a few minutes was running and starting no problem. AA man said it could have been interference from a radio mast or wifi. It is to do with the aerial around the ignition switch to detect the chip in the key picking up signals and i assume tripping the immobiliser on.

In setting up VIDA/DICE I have had computer and dice unit in car next to ignition key downloading drivers over the internet. Subsequently car will not start. Then eventually car starts very reluctantly and then runs fine.

So in future I will keep the dice unit and computer outside the car and run lead in through open window, using door as screen between ignition aerial and computer and dice unit.

Car is 2001 v70 2.4 petrol. I would imagine newer cars are better screened, or maybe this interference is all nonsense. However except for these two instances, car starts "first pull" irrespective of weather, or if car is hot or cold.
Old Nov 24th, 2015, 07:44   #150
mikepday

Default Is my Dice knackered?

Hello chaps,

Just dug my DICE out to read a Friends car along with stories of how bloomin useful this thing is etc etc.
Only for my laptop to not see the Dice....... Note to self, keep gob shut until connected!
For info.
It use to work fine a year ago.
It has not been used since.
The laptop is ONLY used for VIDA and has never been connected to the web since the original full fresh install of XP and VIDA.

My Dice has a flashing green firmware light
Doesn't have a permanently lit USB com status light ( briefly flashes when USB plugged into laptop)
Unlit Bluetooth light
Flashing vehicle interface light when plugged into running car.

Have run Dice diagnostics thru Programs etc and no connected devices are seen.
Dice is powered independently. I have tried via a running car too. (Vehicle interface light flashes orange when this is done)
VIDA works fine as a reference library too, if I input the VIN.
I've tried reinstalling firmware thru VIDA and DICE diagnostics it's installed 5.0.0

Just no live views of any cars or DICE..........

Anyone had similar issues?

Mike.

Ex V70,XC90, XC70

Last edited by mikepday; Nov 24th, 2015 at 08:13. Reason: Additional status light info
mikepday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikepday For This Useful Post:

Tags
vida