Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

help with chip or re-map

Views : 3114

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 22:41   #21
loopy

ill let you know what it was that was making my car run like this
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 19:22   #22
PRAD

Don, I am new to the VOLVO community, so hello to everyone on the thread. Been reading this thread with interest. I have just purchased a
97MY V40 T4 with just 55k showing with FSH, completely standard example with I assume std 200BHP.

Reading your mail regarding MTE engine upgrades via OBD port for £511 notes incl., VAT, can you confirm the power / torque gains for this upgrade? Is this the standard upgrade, and what parameters does it change? Look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Prad
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 20:14   #23
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAD View Post
...... can you confirm the power / torque gains for this upgrade? Is this the standard upgrade, and what parameters does it change?
Hi and welcome to the forum. I may be able to help with this, being a T4 owner myself. The performance gains very much depend on the hardware on the car. A "standard" upgrade will take power up to around 235bhp and 380Nm. If you upgrade the entire exhaust system, that will take it up to around 260bhp and 400+Nm, as V6en on this forum achieved with her car. In terms of parameters, boost, fuel and ignition maps are altered to improved performance and driveability; something which can't be said for some upgrades out there. Having tried upgrades from several tuners, the biggest improvement in the MTE product is its superior driveability. BTW, whereabouts are you based?

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 16:28   #24
loopy

help . pyaap and me tryed swoping the bcs to his one no difference still runs 10 psi so we checked the acturater it ran 6 psi we reconnected the bcs and cleared the engine check light on the way home my car would only run 6 psi max with no light on dash board . i checked the pipes and conector on the bcs it fine so i ran my mbc back on witch is set up to 14 psi and it flyes so does anyone know what the hells wrong with my car the other thing is my car makes a funy wwooo noise when i decelerate in gear from my exhaust at the back off the car it doesnt do it any other time it a s/s one pcat back system with 1 back box it was leaking but has been fixed know that when the noise started could it be the residence from a s/s exhaust know there no leaks it doesnt catch on the under side of car iv cheched and powerflow has checked

Last edited by loopy; Jan 21st, 2007 at 16:35.
loopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 17:01   #25
loopy

do you think it could be the acturvater could be causing all this help
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 17:45   #26
loopy

if it is is this the wright one httpi//cgi.ebay.com/ws.ebay1sap1.dell?viewitem&item=220003039339&FromM arkTrack=true it a good price if it fits
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 17:57   #27
callyuk
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
do you think it could be the acturvater could be causing all this help
do you mean the acctuator if so all this does is determain at which revs the turbo comes in not the boost pressure
callyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 18:06   #28
loopy

yea i know but there only 6 psi max it should be 14 psi iv justfound a mhi mitsubishi wastegate actuator 1.5 bar for £49 on ebay will that fit the t4
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 18:38   #29
callyuk
Premier Member

iv no idea to be honest loopy without looking at the both
callyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 20:09   #30
loopy

im going to try and refit the bcs and then disconect the battary it might reset the car to make it run 10 psi with the bcs back on instead of 6psi ill put on here what happens ok