Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The S40 is on holiday

Views : 1353

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2015, 15:06   #1
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Default The S40 is on holiday

Holiday time for the family and S40

And one of the little monster!!
Old May 18th, 2015, 15:08   #2
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Loads of S40 & V40's around here too!!! Seen more here in 2 hours then I have in Bradford for a year!!!
Old May 18th, 2015, 17:32   #3
druid
V40 Owner

So where are you? Looks nice.

An MS Warior living one day at a time
"Neville" 207,000 so far. Water use 0 - oil negligible....
druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 19:22   #4
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
So where are you? Looks nice.
At a caravan park just north of York, about an hour from Scarborough
Old May 18th, 2015, 20:55   #5
DXMachina
I ate all your bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount vision rider View Post
There speaks a man who's never seen what a well set-up X40 can do on the A64 ;-)

It really is Volvo country though - although I suspect that's cos you're not so far from Antz and he cross-breeds them into new free-range species.
Old May 18th, 2015, 21:18   #6
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMachina View Post
There speaks a man who's never seen what a well set-up X40 can do on the A64 ;-)

It really is Volvo country though - although I suspect that's cos you're not so far from Antz and he cross-breeds them into new free-range species.
Hahaha I can imagine what a sorted X40 can do mines pretty impressive in standard form I had fun with a clown in a old Range Rover on the A1 yesterday. I took him by surprise lol
teach him to sit up my ass!!

I know I can't be far from Antz's breeding program.
Old May 18th, 2015, 21:24   #7
Spetsnaz GSh
Master Member

Have you thought or tried clear side markers mate - I think they look ace! =)

2003 Volvo S40 T4 Sport
Anthracite Arcadias - OEM Strut Brace - Full 3" Exhaust System & 200 Cell Cat - Ashok's Custom Remap (1.35bar) - Earl's Performance Turbo Oil Feed - Ph1 Air Deflection Trims - Business Pack - Winter Pack - HID Xenon Headlamps
Spetsnaz GSh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spetsnaz GSh For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2015, 21:25   #8
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMachina View Post

Quote:
Hahaha I can imagine what a sorted X40 can do mines pretty impressive in standard form

I know I can't be far from Antz's breeding program.
Ah youre not far from my neck of the woods! Im just outside Scarborough so always along the A64. The A64 is a horrific road during the day for traffic but in the dead of night its a good long run.

All Im saying is I once did Leeds city centre to Scarborough in 30 minutes in my T4 at 2am.

If you want to see Volvo Country you should go to Malton or the small village of Slingsby. Everyone in Malton seems to drive either a Volvo or a BMW but in Slingsby is where Hutton Brothers indy Volvo dealers is and I swear to god that every driveway has a Volvo on it supplied by Hutton Brothers.

If youre about one night in Scarborough, pop over and ill get the kettle on! Cant take you out in the T4 because its still stuck at the garage in pieces but I can take you for a spin in the 240 T5 >=)

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2015, 21:40   #9
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetsnaz GSh View Post
Have you thought or tried clear side markers mate - I think they look ace! =)
I think clear markers would look abit out of place, thinking of going smoked but quite like the orange standard ones
Old May 18th, 2015, 21:46   #10
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Ah youre not far from my neck of the woods! Im just outside Scarborough so always along the A64. The A64 is a horrific road during the day for traffic but in the dead of night its a good long run.

All Im saying is I once did Leeds city centre to Scarborough in 30 minutes in my T4 at 2am.

If you want to see Volvo Country you should go to Malton or the small village of Slingsby. Everyone in Malton seems to drive either a Volvo or a BMW but in Slingsby is where Hutton Brothers indy Volvo dealers is and I swear to god that every driveway has a Volvo on it supplied by Hutton Brothers.

If youre about one night in Scarborough, pop over and ill get the kettle on! Cant take you out in the T4 because its still stuck at the garage in pieces but I can take you for a spin in the 240 T5 >=)

30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is some going

I'm 30 minutes away from Malton. I'm in between with wiggington and Sutton on the forest.

If I'm free one night I'll definitely call over for a ride in the 240 T5 Antz's