Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'Engine System: Service Required' Eh?!

Views : 1330

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2014, 14:58   #11
carlizzlefosho

Ahh OK! I'll take it back to get some more drained out then. I phoned up Volvo and they said they're the only people that can drain and reset the message to not appear?!

Is that complete bull? My local garage could easily drain it for me, but not sure if they know how to reset the message so it doesn't show?

Also yes it's got the sticker so guessing it's had the software update!
carlizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2014, 14:20   #12
Proghound
Volvo and Audi owner

You are at least partly being fed bull. Yes, the message can only be reset on the spot with Volvo's VIDA software, but it doesn't need to be reset. If the oil level is the cause, the message WILL disappear within a week (given daily use of the car) once you drain enough out of it.

Current: 2012 C70 D3 SE Lux Solstice Geartronic, Caspian Blue.
Also: 2002 Audi A2 TDI SE, Crystal Blue
Previous: 2008 C70 D5 SE manual, Flint Grey.
Proghound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2014, 16:21   #13
carlizzlefosho

Just had it diagnostic checked again using the proper software. It's thrown up oil level sensor and brake sensor.

So guessing just drain the oil back to the recommended level and replace the brake sensor and everything should ld be glorious!

Heard quite a few volvos having brake sensor showing up on diagnostics..
carlizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2014, 19:57   #14
taz

Just had this pop up on mine today And it must have crapped itself as when I got the diagnostic reader out of it's bag & flipped down the port cover, the message disappeared??? I still connected it up & the only thing I could bring up was a code for the EGR. This cleared off with no issues & the "Xmas lights" switched off on the display. So dunno what happened there. I myself, have also done an oil change recently & did have to top it up a little the other day which I thought I might after it had all settled. But only up to the marker on the dipstick. So dunno whether the engine was being a bit twitchy or sumat due to the extreme cold this morn as fingers were dropping off after scraping the ice off the screens......brrrrrrrr!! :O
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 19:40   #15
Rick45

Default Engine System Service Required

Had this message pop up on my DIM yesterday. XC90 D5 was performing fine, took it to Halfords Auto centre who completed a full diagnostic. Oil level sensor was the only thing which come up as questionable. Oil level is OK, message has been re set and so far no further issues and no messages
Rick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2015, 18:52   #16
Proghound
Volvo and Audi owner

It's not just the oil level that can cause it (although that will be the cause on many occasions). I had it again on another occasion after I'd sorted out the oil level, which was still unchanged. It went away again after a week but when the codes were read at the next service a clutch position sensor fault was stored.

Current: 2012 C70 D3 SE Lux Solstice Geartronic, Caspian Blue.
Also: 2002 Audi A2 TDI SE, Crystal Blue
Previous: 2008 C70 D5 SE manual, Flint Grey.
Proghound is offline   Reply With Quote