Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine noise

Views : 932

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 22:31   #1
sbunyan

I purchased a 55 plate 5000 miles s40 2.0D sport in september. 24 hours later I discovered a fault with the electrics associated with the drivers door i.e mirrors, windows, central locking etc. Also when I returned the car to the dealer I made them aware of an engine noise that was starting to annoy me, it was like a warbling tune type noise when decelerating in gear at about 1000-1500 rpm.
The dealer was quick to fix the electrics by applying contact grease to the multi-pin connector on the door, As for the engine noise, they said it might be the clutch. 30 days or so later after changing various components i.e water pump, EGR, injectors, belts and engine mounts and getting in touch with UK VOLVO they have been unable to get to the bottom of where this noise is coming from. Since then they have told me it must be the characteristics of this car.

I really like this car and would like to find a solution to this matter.

Has anybody had any same experiences with this engine noise or can suggest a fix for this.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 00:49   #2
Northview

No, I've not had this problem, so I'm afraid I can't help you identify the cause. Sorry.

I just wanted to say that if they went through all that work to try to track down/fix the problem, it's a bit late for them to turn around and say it must be the normal characteristics! Sounds like they're stumped and are hoping you'll just give up and go away.
Northview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 14:43   #3
i saw it first its mine

sounds like an exhaust problem,have the rubber hangers deteriorated