Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 850 T5 manual saloon (Lots of pics) £1450 Tamworth/B77

Views : 796

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2014, 10:56   #1
lixah
Master Member

Default Volvo 850 T5 manual saloon (Lots of pics) £1450 Tamworth/B77

For sale is my volvo 850 t5 manual saloon, in mauve. I have owned this car from the start of the year.

I absolutely never intended to sell this car, I have spent a lot of money on it in the short time I have owned it, and it is a very nice example.
The car has done 121,xxx miles and runs perfectly well. It is currently SORN however it has only been SORN since May 12th. So not long, and even then i take it round the block every week to keep anything from seizing up.

It has an MOT on it until October 2014. with no advisories. as i said many parts were replaced when i purchased it including;

x2 oil+ filter changes (since january 2014)

24/01/2014

spark plugs

N/S Drop link

N/S Control arm

O/S Drop link

Lower engine mount

11/03/2014

Cam Belt + Tensioner

Water Pump

Genuine volvo top strut mounts (both fronts)

Full set of decent brake pads all around

x2 brand new tyres on the front

and just recently i purchased a K & N air filter, which has been used for around 1 month.

The Bad Bits

The ABS light is on (this is the ABS module, and its a very easy fix, just remove old one, and put on a new one) there is currently one for sale on volvo forums, for just £35 delivered, this has been repaired too (re-soldered)
You can also find them on ebay for ~~£50

everything else is just (very) minor visual defects; both strips across the roof has worn in the sunlight and peeling their rubber coating. there is a small tear in the passenger leather seat. 1 small dent in the N/S wing.

Even saying that its still a very tidy car.

Also comes with a lot of extras, such as rear spoiler, FRONT T5-R bumper (with the front spoiler), 2.5" (i think) cat back BSR exhaust which is in good condition, front strut brace. as well as a bunch of spares, including another ECU (useful if you want to send one off to get an upgrade - though let me just say this car has never had anyone mess with the ECU so you can be sure it hasn't been abused in its life, when i got the car it still had the security screw holding the ECU box closed, yes i did remove it, as i did plan to get an ECU remap, although never get around to it) not too much in the way of spares, random bits, interior trim pieces, a headlight, wing mirrors. etc. I've also been told this has lowered suspension too, it certainly does look lower than a standard T5.

Overall I appreciate I am asking a bit more than they often sell for, but this really is a nice example, ive put a lot of time into this car, and it would not take much effort to get this into show condition (imo) mechanically it is 100% and has been very well looked after. I will listen to offers but please no insults. The car is available for viewing any time, in Tamworth (b77). alternatively you can contact me on here with any questions, or by phone if you'd rather (07982147327)

Last edited by lixah; Jul 6th, 2014 at 11:05.
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 12:41   #2
mrdave2003
Premier Member

I'm guessing hte cam belt wasn't changed in 2014?!

Great looking car though, I had one the same a few years back, loved it.

Good luck with the sale
mrdave2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 12:50   #3
lixah
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdave2003 View Post
I'm guessing hte cam belt wasn't changed in 2014?!

Great looking car though, I had one the same a few years back, loved it.

Good luck with the sale
the cam belt was done in 11/03/2014

Why? did I write the wrong date on the sticker? I thought it was 10 years/80k miles?

regards, Matt

Thanks, yeah they are really nice cars too

like I said out of all the cars ive owned this is the one that i had planned on never selling, however trying to start up a business and such, pretty difficult, and i need all the money I can get really!

I forgot to mention I have reduced the car to £1350!

Last edited by lixah; Jul 10th, 2014 at 14:43.
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 17:38   #4
lixah
Master Member

reduced £1250