Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Clutch and parking brake issues after new wheels fitted.

Views : 1568

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 7th, 2014, 20:53   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ngjas View Post
Thanks for the reply. You say I'm not losing any fluid but I did have to add a few squirts. Not much I admit, but it did need a bit to get back to feeling any pressure.

I have considered the diaphragm spring sticking but the fact that the addition of a bit more fluid makes the pedal immediately sit right and return normal(ish) operation, this still smells like a hydraulic/slave cylinder type issue to me.

Being optimistic, I'm hoping that its something as simple as a new o-ring seal. I've never dealt with servicing or replacing the concentric slave cylinder. Is this an item that can be removed/serviced/replaced or it is a major internal gearbox job??

Thanks
Have a look at the bottom of the gearbox , there is a little drain hole at the bottom of the joint between engine and gearbox , put some paper under it and wedge down the clutch pedal with a piece of wood between pedal and seat overnight .. see if there is any fluid drips in the morning , Also look at the plastic joint where the clutch pipe goes into the gearbox casing on the front part of the gearbox near the engine in line with the starter , there is a joint there which may leak and suck in air , very rare that though .
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 15:00   #12
K1ngjas

Been very quiet as my car is still in the garage!!

Apparently, the slave cyclinder had pretty much destroyed itself. Slave cylinder only costs about £90 but its inside the bell housing. No real option but to fit a new clutch (and of course the dual-mass flywheel) and a hefty bill!! For anyone who needs to know, you're looking at around £1200 for the clutch, slave and labour and an additional £500 if the flywheel is deemed to have too much play/wear which of course, it always will have!!

I had it replaced as the car has done over 120,000 miles and I tow a caravan. Might as well start with fresh everything!!

While it was in, I had a few other things addressed....and they're still being addressed. Time for another thread I think...
K1ngjas is offline   Reply With Quote