Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SW Autos. A Great Day Out!

Views : 1761

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2006, 10:02   #11
stevesR
VOC Member

Great photos bobcat, nice to see you again many thanks for your time & help.
hope to see you at next meet.

steve
stevesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 10:46   #12
JD.7
VOC Member

i was thinking that 4 R`s pretty stock can have a good rolling road session and get good readings and yet most people who i have seen dynod with ecu upgrades get lower readings than they should do. ( not all )

sorry ecu upgrade dudes i`ll keep my wonga in my pocket.

did the other saffy meet it`s expected output ? i was busy at the time and missed what he expected and what he got.

p.m. me if his results would start another "what oil war"..lol

Gary
JD.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 20:29   #13
STE-MAL
You Can't Beat A Swede

Smile

One thing I forgot to say in my original post. Thank you Matt and thank you Stuart for all you help, I had a fantastic day and look forward to the next one. And thank your staff for staying on after work. I'm sure you will pay them Stuart, LOL!

Imac, it would be good to see a D5 on a dyno. I would love to see the impressive torque curve of the D5. I work with very large diesel engines, ten litres and up.

Gary, the owner of the other saffron R told me he got 280 BHP. He must be well pleased.
2017 V40 T-3 Inscription Auto
STE-MAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 23:49   #14
JD.7
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE-MAL View Post

Gary, the owner of the other saffron R told me he got 280 BHP. He must be well pleased.
i did chat to him before it went on the rollers and from what you say he got half the extra power he paid for , how does this work out then for value?

if i paid for a 42" plasma and when it turned up it was a 21" plasma and i got a reason such as " we only had a nissan micra to deliver it in so 21" is the best we could fit in it "

the saying is " you get what you pay for " or has europe cancelled that too ?

Gary
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 15:50   #15
Drew

Nice pics
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:36   #16
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD.7 View Post
i did chat to him before it went on the rollers and from what you say he got half the extra power he paid for , how does this work out then for value?

if i paid for a 42" plasma and when it turned up it was a 21" plasma and i got a reason such as " we only had a nissan micra to deliver it in so 21" is the best we could fit in it "

the saying is " you get what you pay for " or has europe cancelled that too ?

Gary
Unfortunately this seems to be the typical outcome if you have you car chipped by that particular tuner (unless you have it dyno'ed on their dyno, and if they let you!!).

I know that another of their customers is as i type trying to get his 310 bhp map refunded as it came back with less power modded than it did std. I wont give details at the moment but im sure the guy will post up a report when its all over.

But the truth is that alot of people are not getting what they pay for and because of people trusting nature certain tuners are able to exploit this for their own financial benefits. - But on a more positive note, the truth is slowly coming out and people are begining to wise up.

see you all at the next meet.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:47   #17
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

Yes mate, will see you there, bring out the axles stands for the old AWD will you or have i got the wrong garage :P
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 16:58   #18
JD.7
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
Unfortunately this seems to be the typical outcome if you have you car chipped by that particular tuner (unless you have it dyno'ed on their dyno, and if they let you!!).

I know that another of their customers is as i type trying to get his 310 bhp map refunded as it came back with less power modded than it did std. I wont give details at the moment but im sure the guy will post up a report when its all over.

But the truth is that alot of people are not getting what they pay for and because of people trusting nature certain tuners are able to exploit this for their own financial benefits. - But on a more positive note, the truth is slowly coming out and people are begining to wise up.

see you all at the next meet.

i was impressed with what Stuart told Jes.. about the figures to expect from an upgrade , he was honest and gave a believable figure and offered a good backup on his figures.

to do this in front of the four of us who visited would mean he meant what he said and you guys sure do know your volvos.

Gary