Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

xc90 wheel bearings

Views : 6238

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2012, 22:32   #11
minstrelblue
minstrelblue

Crikey..
appears Volvo still obviously have a problem with the rears..my volvo dealer kept assuring me they havn't had any xc90 wheel bearing problems reported for ages..hope they weren't telling me porkies ?
makes me nervous just how long my new ones will last........
I've had all sorts of cars over the years and never had a wheel bearing issue quite like this.
minstrelblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 07:06   #12
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by minstrelblue View Post
Crikey..
appears Volvo still obviously have a problem with the rears..my volvo dealer kept assuring me they havn't had any xc90 wheel bearing problems reported for ages..hope they weren't telling me porkies ?
makes me nervous just how long my new ones will last........
I've had all sorts of cars over the years and never had a wheel bearing issue quite like this.
Just read this thread and smiled. My2010. Reported droning noise in 2011, dealer was quick to blame my tires. Took another 12 months to change tires and by then, noise was painful. Did not remove noise. Dealer looked at car again and diagnosed front bearing ( they only changed one btw)
When probed about bearings going at 30k miles, dealer said 'very unusual'. So, 3 possibilities:

1-Each dealer only service one xc90
2-Dealer has only short term memory
3-Dealer is lying

I cannot imagine it is option 3
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 14:41   #13
John Hawthorn
OceanRaceMad

Default XC90 Wheel Bearings Failure

Dear all,
I have a UK 59 plate XC90 R Design. Generally been very happy with the car until now. It has just clocked 37,000 miles and the front wheel bearings have gone. I have taken the car back to my local dealer hoping that with such low mileage they would agree to replace them, even though the warranty has expired. Really disappointed to hear them say that they will not. They only want to replace one and "Volvo HQ" will only approve 30% discount which still means it will cost me £250.00. The dealer tells me that there WAS a corrective action listed (EWP as he called it) but that this expired last year and that there was nothing more he could do. Surely with a car having done so few miles you just do not expect to have the bearings so and certainly not on such a high quality car ? Has anyone got any ideas as to how to elevate this withi Volvo organisation ?
John Hawthorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, wheel bearing, xc90, xc90 wheel bearing