Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BSR Tuning

Views : 1933

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 20:30   #1
rayyan171

Default BSR Tuning

Hello all, not posted in a while.

Firstly, I want to clarify whether the 2004 XC90 has a euro 3 or euro 4 engine.

Secondly, has anyone done bsr tuning on their car? It looks interesting as the car is sluggish when it pulls away, especially when cold. It ups the power to 197bhp, which is as much as my 528i! Rica tuning also looks like an option, but it's considerably more expensive. These tuning chips don't damage the car in any way as well, do they?

Ray
rayyan171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 20:44   #2
rayyan171

Bump
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 19:35   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

Default MTE software.

I can offer you MTE's premium Swedish written software for your car for £395 including VAT. That will give you enhanced outputs of 195bhp with 420nm of torque.

You install it yourself using MTE's unique Softloader device as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP or Windows 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 19:51   #4
Bigun37

I've had the bsr map on for around six weeks now with no issues. Th total cost was 505 shipped. You get a nice kit with it. You can enter your vin number on their site and it will tell you which kit you need. Pulling away is a lot quicker but it's still like a defender when cold. I would personally not recommend ragging your motor before it warms up anyway. Fuel consumption is improved to around 26 mpg with a heavy pull away foot around town. I did manage to get 29 mpg but drove like a nun. I would say go for it, the pcp loader is also a code reader and remover.
Bigun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 20:04   #5
rayyan171

It looks interesting, as I have heard that BSR are a good genuine chip tuning company. The thing actually improves the engine, rather than push more diesel into the car's engine. And some nice badges come with it too. But, would it be a good investment?

Also, is the 0-60 time improved?
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 21:59   #6
ianski

I have been looking at getting a kit , but on the BSR website they offer a power train warranty but only if your car has less than 120,000km on the clock.

http://en.bsr.se/about/machine_warranty/

My 2010 D5 has 145,000km on it , so I am a bit concerned that it may be harmful for higher mileage cars ....

The last thing i want is a knackered engine.
ianski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 07:56   #7
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Well written software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski View Post
I have been looking at getting a kit , but on the BSR website they offer a power train warranty but only if your car has less than 120,000km on the clock.

http://en.bsr.se/about/machine_warranty/

My 2010 D5 has 145,000km on it , so I am a bit concerned that it may be harmful for higher mileage cars ....

The last thing i want is a knackered engine.
With a well maintained higher mileage Volvo you will have no problems....indeed no worries.... with well written aftermarket software. I often supply MTE software for cars with 150,000 miles or more recorded and they get the numbers shown on the MTE tin.

If you are interested in MTE software I can forward you the contact details of their OZ dealer in Melbourne.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 22:00   #8
ianski

[QUOTE=

If you are interested in MTE software I can forward you the contact details of their OZ dealer in Melbourne.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Don,

Thanks for the info, I spoke to the Australian MTE dealer a couple of months they charge $1400 AUD . which is around 800 GB pounds , which to me is crazy money compared to the UK .

And is not much less than Volvo sell polestar for !!!
ianski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 01:12   #9
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

I had one of the BSR boxes years ago, back then it was pretty naff, and cocked up the car, but they did refund, car got sorted, and they did a cracking deal on full race cat/DP/Catback exhaust as compo, theres a video of Barnsley Bill driving over his BSR tuning box, as he wasn't impressed. The RICA map, the throttle mapping on the 163 D5 tries to make it feel like a petrol turbo, and fails miserably IMHO.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mte