Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seats for my 98 V70

Views : 961

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 07:36   #1
karlywoo

Default Seats for my 98 V70

Hi i really must be getting old, i posted a request asking if anyone coulds help me with some leather heated seats.
I had a kind reply from a member in Blackpool, now here is the senility setting in, i can,t for the life of me find his reply?
Could somone point me in the right direction as to how i can get back in touch, or can the said kind person drop me a line again.
I,m still trying to find my way around the site, so that may be the problem, once again many thanks to all. DOH!
karlywoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 07:49   #2
Jack Spaniel

Look Here

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=183400
1 x 244
Jack Spaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:05   #3
karlywoo

Thankyou so much for that, i have managed to send him a message, thanks again Les
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:22   #4
Jack Spaniel

Just for your info, I clicked on your username which took me to your profile. Clicked on all posts by karlywoo, searched through them to find your original post about seats, which was replied to by mikealder. Simples.
1 x 244
Jack Spaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Spaniel For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 09:07   #5
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

rear seat backs are fun the first time you try and get them out - once you have the knack - I could have back seats out in about 2-3 minutes (inc unbolting seat belt anchors)

people have struggled for days

only thing to mention is on your old seats, fit the air bag trigger lock B4 removing (there is an impact switch in the side of the seat base - if car hit on side - or you when moving them - or drop seat, it bangs trigger, and sets of air bag, , and as you are aware, the ME7 (99 and newer) had electrical trigger, so won't work in event of an accident

Last edited by cookie; Jun 28th, 2013 at 09:11.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 10:03   #6
karlywoo

Default Impact lock?

Hi thanks for your info, now my car is a 98 and i believe has a mechanical trigger for side airbags, this safety lock? where is it? what does it look like and how do i make them safe? you have me worried now, i thought it would be a relavitly simple case of just unbolting and replacing, hmm or not as it would seem, any advice as to how to remove the rears would be much appreciated, reason being i have a serious spine injury and find things difficult, even though i was a motor engineer many moons ago!
the seats i have been oiffered are from a slightly later car,(2000) and the kind gent says there is some issue with the seat belt electrical system again any advice would be much appreciated.
I,m beginning to wonder wether all these issues are going to make the exercise a tad to complicated, hmm best regards and thanks to all Les
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 10:20   #7
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

do a search, I think if you take the plastic panel off the side of the seat base, the instructions are there

Back seats are very heavy, will see if I can dig out link for picture I doodled for removing back seats, as you cannot see the pivot, and you have to slide seat outwards, so the narrow notch of pivot can lift out of bracket (sounds complictaed - but its not) VAdis just used to make it sound akward.

jsut done a quick doodle, obviously bolsters need to come out first but they are just tug top forwards, then when clip is released, pull up IIRC

(I used to regularly remove back seats, cos on track it was a lot of weight to pointlessly hump around)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backrest remove.jpg (176.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by cookie; Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:38.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 21:46   #8
byootox
Premier Member

Be careful here, my v70 is registered a 98 but it's got all the gear from a 99 on it I've got a set of leather 98 seats that would technically fit but are different from mine and I'd lose the airbag side of things thus I haven't bothered to fit them.
Mike Alder has put up some really good posts about seats on here.
It wasn't until I read the posts on here I worked out the differences, in my defence It's my first Volvo..lolol
Bottom line... check the wiring on the seat to see if it's the same especially if you don't want to have to put a resistor in the srs system.
To my knowledge though I think it's only the front seats this is an issue with I think the backs should fit in just fine.
Don't be put off by this as the leather seats are lovely on these cars just choose wisely.
Good luck
byootox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 22:36   #9
catflem
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byootox View Post
Be careful here, my v70 is registered a 98 but it's got all the gear from a 99 on it I've got a set of leather 98 seats that would technically fit but are different from mine and I'd lose the airbag side of things thus I haven't bothered to fit them.
Mike Alder has put up some really good posts about seats on here.
It wasn't until I read the posts on here I worked out the differences, in my defence It's my first Volvo..lolol
Bottom line... check the wiring on the seat to see if it's the same especially if you don't want to have to put a resistor in the srs system.
To my knowledge though I think it's only the front seats this is an issue with I think the backs should fit in just fine.
Don't be put off by this as the leather seats are lovely on these cars just choose wisely.
Good luck
I'm in a similar position, and was watching your post(s) with interest, as I was tempted to try fitting the 850 seats offered on the forum into my 99 tdi......... but messing around with resistors etc rather put me off the idea.

I do find the cloth seats far more comfortable, but as I usually cart my mutt around in the car I find leather seats are far easier to keep clean and remove the dog hairs from.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:42   #10
mikealder
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catflem View Post
I was tempted to try fitting the 850 seats offered on the forum into my 99 tdi
The resistors are easy to fit, the thread you want to have a read of is This One, it is where I explained how to fit 850 seats in to a late phase one V70 - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikealder For This Useful Post: