Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vida and Dice 2011

Views : 7929

Replies : 64

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 21:14   #61
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milazel View Post
I have finally bought Vida dice unit but have a problem.

I am running widows XP proffesional and installation of Vida 2012A, which runs fine. No problem with installation whatsoever. Today I have connected the Dice that came in the post. The computer informs me that new hardware has been connected but can not find a driver for it.
The dice flashes blue and green light, seems ok.
Why the computer cant find the driver?
(the dice came with 2012D version but disc is faulty therefore I am trying to connect the device to my already installed 2012A)
I'm runing version 2012D on Windows 7 so I'm not sure if the VIDA DICE drivers folder on my laptop contains the XP drivers you require but I could email it to you if you want. Just unrar it to your desktop and tell your laptop to search the folder for the drivers. Fingers crossed they're there. The folder contents are 1.3Mb can a file that size be attached to an email?
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 22:56   #62
milazel

Thank you for the reply.
The CD with 2012D on it is corrupted as I've mentioned before but many of the files are accessible. If you let me know the name of the folder on the disc I would be able to find out whether I have it.
When the dice is connected the green and blue light flashes continuously. Does this happen to you? Maybe the unit is faulty...?

milazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 23:11   #63
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Thank you for the reply.
The CD with 2012D on it is corrupted as I've mentioned before but many of the files are accessible. If you let me know the name of the folder on the disc I would be able to find out whether I have it.
When the dice is connected the green and blue light flashes continuously. Does this happen to you? Maybe the unit is faulty...?
Search the DVD for a folder called "DiCE" in that folder is the setup program for the drivers and a text document containing instructions..

EDIT.
Here's a quick video of mine. I'm running the "Test Communication Tool" program, you'll see the lights on it light up as it quickly runs the test. The blue light is for the bluetooth connection(not available on cheap chinesse versions), the green light is the USB connection, flashes as data is transfered. The green and the blue light will flash continuously until a connection is made on one or the other.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Sha...e0440.mp4.html

Last edited by Shadeyman; Jun 5th, 2013 at 23:33.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 10:27   #64
milazel

Thumbs up It is working

Thank you Shadeyman for pointing me to the right direction. I have found Dice folder on the supplied DVD and this folder was working. The version of the Dice driver in 2012D version is different to one in 2012A. In fact a simple reinstallation of the driver did not help, I had to manually remove the old version first. So now I am running 'A' version Vida with 'D' dice driver on it. Diagnostic test went ok. Tomorrow I'll plug it to my car, have to go to work now.
About LEDs. My chinese Dice flashes green and blue light after connecting 12V power supply. Green means power supply is OK, the blue means that Dice is searching for Bluetooth. After plugging the USB cable in the blue light goes off, the Dice is programmed to favor USB connection when available. I wonder whether my chenesse dice have the bloototh or is it just a dummy flashing blue light?

And by the way Vida Dice can be run through USB 1.1 (I've asked the question previously but no answer)

Big Thanks to Shadeyman for posting his reply. It made a big difference to my laptop that would otherwise be thrown out of the window because of a my anger.

milazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 13:05   #65
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
About LEDs. My chinese Dice flashes green and blue light after connecting 12V power supply. Green means power supply is OK, the blue means that Dice is searching for Bluetooth. After plugging the USB cable in the blue light goes off, the Dice is programmed to favor USB connection when available. I wonder whether my chenesse dice have the bloototh or is it just a dummy flashing blue light?
Sorry, I got green and yellow mixed up.

Green is Firmware Status
Yellow is USB connection
Blue is Bluetooth connection
Red is Interface Status

The Green LED seems to always flash, I guess thats because it's constantly checking the interfaces firmware.

The Blue and Yellow LED's flash untill a connection(USB or Bluetooth) is made, then one of them goes out. The Blue LED is a dummy on the chinesse versions as there is no Bluetooth on those interfaces. There is no SD card holder either, even though there is a slot under the cover.

You can see the LED's better in this youtube video.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Glad you got it sorted in the end, as its a useful bit of kit to have at your disposal.

Last edited by Shadeyman; Jun 6th, 2013 at 13:19.