Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Top Gear On Caravanning

Views : 7818

Replies : 117

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 19th, 2006, 18:17   #111
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Default Chow....off thread but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post
Thats right chow - attack another group of people for no reason what so ever. If you think they are death traps because you might crash into them with your incompetant driving - stay at home. Or are you actually arrogant enough to think you own the roads. Time waster - get a girlfriend, if you can find one which I doubt.
lol....sarah clearly you have a beef with chow, well let me tell you chow and i have had a few run ins too in the past...HOWEVER...i value chow as a good contributer to this site and i consider him to have valuable information to offer forum members.....sure he was at the back of the diplomacy queue at birth but i dont consider that a valid reason for the personal insults you have thrown at him in at least two of your posts...i have experience of several forums in my time and i love this one because (as you have found) a member is able to express any opinion they like without fear of being banned, many forums are clique and if you disagree or do not "bum lick" the top brass you are banned without a second thought....
if you want to discredit chow find a opinion he has made and disagree in a constuctive manor rather than that of a bitter ex.....(im sure you are not his ex but in sure you get the point)
May you enjoy the forum and incidentally do you have a volvo. if so post as a newbie and introduce yourself...
cheers
jod

edit....yeah i could pm this but i think a FEW members need reminding on forum etiquette..

Last edited by Jod T5; Aug 19th, 2006 at 18:21.
Jod T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 18:32   #112
jog

may we all live in harmony
jo
jog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 18:36   #113
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jog View Post
may we all live in harmony
jo
jo
lol...im not sure chow and i can ever live in harmony but i would always respect his opinion however it is made...
cheers
jod
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 19:49   #114
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

Actually this is Dept of Transport driven.
The stats that the old bill have to collect for the government following accidents is geared by questions set by the DoT.
There are deliberately ambiguous and deliberately so.
Thus accident stats will most likely include that speed was a contributory factor.
Thus fuelling the governments desire to reduce limits and plant cameras everywhere.
Quote: Lies, Damn lies and statistics!

You should always drive at a speed that is safe and within your capabilities. With consideration to road conditions, other road users and what you are driving.
Nothing wrong with driving at 100mph, so long as you know you can control the vehicle, stop in a timely fashion and are not a danger to other road users.

Des. . .
That would be deemed as making progress by most professional drivers, pity it’s been buried along with common sense lol
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 20:07   #115
chow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jod t5 View Post
lol....sarah clearly you have a beef with chow, well let me tell you chow and i have had a few run ins too in the past...HOWEVER...i value chow as a good contributer to this site and i consider him to have valuable information to offer forum members.....sure he was at the back of the diplomacy queue at birth but i dont consider that a valid reason for the personal insults you have thrown at him in at least two of your posts...i have experience of several forums in my time and i love this one because (as you have found) a member is able to express any opinion they like without fear of being banned, many forums are clique and if you disagree or do not "bum lick" the top brass you are banned without a second thought....
if you want to discredit chow find a opinion he has made and disagree in a constuctive manor rather than that of a bitter ex.....(im sure you are not his ex but in sure you get the point)
May you enjoy the forum and incidentally do you have a volvo. if so post as a newbie and introduce yourself...
cheers
jod

edit....yeah i could pm this but i think a FEW members need reminding on forum etiquette..
thanks ,however her(his) pathetc jibes bother me not a jot, ive also received a couple of abusive pms from her(him) which were believe me like something a ten year old had compiled ( i may post them for a laugh,) he/she has clearly got problems, best ignore her i reckon

Last edited by chow; Aug 19th, 2006 at 20:13.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 20:26   #116
Ben 77
Ben 77

Default Thought this would make you laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HTzbikIuI

Ben.
Ben 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 20:30   #117
chow

Absoulutly Brilliant, My Ribs Are Killing Me !!!!!
Old Aug 20th, 2006, 02:03   #118
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Linky....

Without the naff aa advert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
That would be deemed as making progress by most professional drivers, pity it’s been buried along with common sense lol
Who said the DOT and common sense were remotely connected??!!!

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote