Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

new headlight bulbs

Views : 2849

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2012, 20:59   #31
Haizum74
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaqua View Post

of course the poor driver who breaks the law is aghast because they think the law doesn't apply to them and its so unfair Boo Hoo.
Similar to the ones that get pulled for going down a one way street the wrong way, get stopped then complain 'You should be out catching real criminals' to which the reply of 'We would be if we didnt have to stop motorists for not paying attention to traffic signs'?

'08 V50 2.0D
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Haizum74 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 23:14   #32
m1tch1987
Premier Member

Just a quick update on my car with regards to headlights, I have recently had an OEM Volvo bulb go - the other side is still fine and ive had the car for almost 2 years, unsure when they were last changed but I have the DLRs on all the time whilst driving so they are lasting uber well lol

Anyway what I have done is taken the good OEM bulb out as a spare and replaced both sides so that its even again. I did originally try out some uber cheap bulbs which are now used in the high beams. I decided to not go with the high end halogen bulbs but went with some Osrams, I got a pair of Osram Neolux bulbs which are the cheapest Osrams you can get it seems, they were about £5 a pair on ebay. Ive fitted them and im actually pretty happy with the light output, not sure if they will last as long but the output seems to be about the same as the OEM Volvo ones.

Just wanted to flag that up with everyone as they seem pretty good if you are needing replacement bulbs but can't afford to buy OEM Volvo ones.

2003 Volvo V40 1.9D Sport - MPG below

m1tch1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 07:59   #33
bar72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
Similar to the ones that get pulled for going down a one way street the wrong way, get stopped then complain 'You should be out catching real criminals' to which the reply of 'We would be if we didnt have to stop motorists for not paying attention to traffic signs'?

funny that. i got stopped going the wrong way down a one-way street. the copper said to me "did you not see the arrows?" "Arrows? i didn't even see the Indians officer"

at least he seen the funny side and let me off with a warning ;
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 20:37   #34
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
I used Philips Blue Vision beofre I moved to HID. Still a hint of yellow in them but otherwise ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunv40 View Post
what HID kit did you go for? might upgrade mine, but i dont want to start chopping up the loom.
Sorry for the late reply.

I bought them second hand but think they may be from HIDS4U website. You don't need to chop up the loom to fit them. Only cut an inch hole in the rubber cover and it's all plug and play.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote