Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New thermostat = No start

Views : 3466

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 15:23   #21
Father Adam
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Adam,

As long as you get the correct Class of injector then it will fit straight in and NO need to be coded. I believe (not 100%) that it is only when you mix different classes then you have to get VIDA involved.

Have you given RUFE a call and another avenue would be a scrapy/dismantlers. Certainly worth getting a 2nd hand one at them prices??

Not sure how all this can happen after just changing a thermastat though??

Chin up mate, beans on toast is not all that bad (apart from when you can no longer afford the bread).

By the way that T5 sounds pretty good, are you even more inclined to go for it now? Have you asked for some photos to be sent through?

Well, on your advice Brian I've phoned FRF and asked a price, to me with the 12% discount it works out at £239 + £7 delivery, plus they'd need the old injector otherwise it's a £30 surcharge. The number on the top (3,4,5) refers to the flow rate, as long as it's the same as the one you're taking out it doesn't need to be coded. Second hand one's can't be fitted, as new injectors come with the fuel supply pipe and everything and they're one time fit only.

I don't know why it's happened after the 'stat change, Graham wonders whether it was the battery? who knows.

I've decided against that T5, in fact owning this car has put me off Volvo's in general I think. I've spotted a Ford Granada Scorpio V6 for sale locally that looks immaculate, it's old school and I could fix it if it decides to break; none of this coding nonsense. Going to see it tomorrow

Cheers Brian
Father Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 20:11   #22
kebab10
Premier Member

Good bit of kit that Ford V6 lump. Best of luck with the Volvo.
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kebab10 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 21:19   #23
Father Adam
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab10 View Post
Good bit of kit that Ford V6 lump. Best of luck with the Volvo.
Thanks mate, I'll have a look in the morning, it looks immaculate, fully loaded including electric rear sets But I'm expecting rust, rust, rust, still, got to be cheaper to run than this current money pit.

There is a 2000 V70 we're watching on ebay at the moment, looks nice too, but another Volvo?? Just don't know...

It's just upset us, one thing after another with this V50, bill will be £2000 with this latest repair, just can't believe it
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 19:22   #24
kebab10
Premier Member

My son in law has just got himself a V70 D5 model. Had a few problems, but he is very pleased with it. Lot cheaper fuel wise than the Saab Aero 9-5 he did have with perhaps 32-36 mpg at best.

Hope its sorted soon.
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kebab10 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 20:09   #25
Father Adam
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab10 View Post
My son in law has just got himself a V70 D5 model. Had a few problems, but he is very pleased with it. Lot cheaper fuel wise than the Saab Aero 9-5 he did have with perhaps 32-36 mpg at best.

Hope its sorted soon.
Sorted now:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164254