Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

iPad 2 headrest holder for XC60

Views : 9001

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 21:42   #1
Paul737

Default iPad 2 headrest holder for XC60

Anybody bought or can recommend a headrest holder for an iPad 2? With the Volvo anti whiplash headrests that don't adjust upwards, it makes it tricky to find a holder that can attach to the headrest. I was wondering if anybody had found a good one to recommend? On UK eBay they have over 200 listed ranging mostly from £8 - £25. It would be great if I could find one that fitted easily for my XC60 to keep things quiet in the back, if you know what I mean!
Paul737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 21:45   #2
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul737 View Post
Anybody bought or can recommend a headrest holder for an iPad 2? With the Volvo anti whiplash headrests that don't adjust upwards, it makes it tricky to find a holder that can attach to the headrest. I was wondering if anybody had found a good one to recommend? On UK eBay they have over 200 listed ranging mostly from £8 - £25. It would be great if I could find one that fitted easily for my XC60 to keep things quiet in the back, if you know what I mean!
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ghlight=brodit

http://www.nextbase-shop.com/index.php?catID=7

I was looking at TV for the rear head rests of XC60 and they are a funny shape. Found this thread above in here

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:01   #3
Paul737

Thanks for that. €74 seemed a bit high until I looked at Halfords and they charge from £40 - £100 and not sure how they'll fit on the Volvo, so will get this one instead as its designed for the Volvo seat. Small price to pay for silence in the back! Appreciate the help, thanks
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 11:21   #4
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul737 View Post
Thanks for that. €74 seemed a bit high until I looked at Halfords and they charge from £40 - £100 and not sure how they'll fit on the Volvo, so will get this one instead as its designed for the Volvo seat. Small price to pay for silence in the back! Appreciate the help, thanks
Your welcome. Let us know how you get on,maybe some pictures when you have them installed?

So your rear passenger is the mother in law then?

A good video to play when the in laws are travelling in the back is Kenny Craig hypnotist from Little Britain

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 23:58   #5
Lagerpe

As I said on the other thread:

I bought this one the other day for my MY 2012 XC60:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-Cine...0040798&sr=8-9

It fits perfectly over the front passenger seat headrest. I can highly recommend it!

Lagerpe
Lagerpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 00:22   #6
Lagerpe

Better pictures on

http://store.griffintechnology.com/cinemaseat-2

Also shows that the Amazon price is a real bargain.

Lagerpe
Lagerpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 00:35   #7
Paul737

Thumbs up

Thanks for that - just what I was looking for and just what I wanted to spend. Halfords ones didn't work for me when I went to try them out. Thanks for the link too - just ordered one up.
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:40   #8
run-run

Does somebody try this holder with an iPad 3 with a back protector installed?

I have an iPad3 with a Smartshell back protector from Speck.

This one...

I wonder if it would fit without removing the smartshell, which is an protector not really designed to put in/put out every day...

Thanks!
run-run is offline   Reply With Quote