Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New car on the rollers (non-volvo) vid included.

Views : 781

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2006, 21:03   #1
Ross9
Master Member

Default New car on the rollers (non-volvo) vid included.

Car doesn't go anywhere due to the nature of RR's lol, so not the most exciting vid.

291 bhp, 255 @ the wheels, only 241 lb/ft though which seemed a bit low, no running problems though car ran well. Has a split plug lead as Gerry discovered while shocking himself on it ops: but that wont have affected the run. Ran nice and rich as well which I like to see with it still being mapped for jap fuel, 10.5ish AFR. Standard boost, well Gerry said 16.5psi on his guage, which is 1.12 bar, standard is 1.1

Not sure what torque they are standard, perhaps combination of being a RON or 2 shy of the jap stuff (though I did have octane booster in) and losing a bit of mid range torque through the 3" system in sacrafice for a bit more power up the top.

Either way, happy enough at that though would have been nice to hit 300bhp. I'm going to have an Apexi Power FC fitted soon to map it on Uk fuel, and up the boost a bit. Get it fitted and mapped by Andy Forrest who has a 9.7 @ 150mph Impreza, that also did 210 at brunters and so hapens to only be about 35/40mins away. SHould see anotehr 30 bhp or so and healthy torque increase.
Heres the vid.

Ross
Old May 17th, 2006, 23:55   #2
the great one

nice car looks really good
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:31   #3
blues60
My car is blue

Nice. Nearly 300bhp is not bad with those mods.
Do you have a sports cat and downpipe as well. I got a lot more low end grunt from my 200sx once I fitted them but not sure how a boxer would react.
I am seriously considering a WRX Wagon as my next car and hearing that has got me thinking!!

You got any pics of your R32 you can post up then The Great One? I wanted an R33 to replace my 200sx but I got my wife pregnant so that went out the window, hence the S60!

Last edited by blues60; May 18th, 2006 at 08:34.
blues60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:26   #4
Ross9
Master Member

Downpipe yes, sports cat, eh, something like that, wouldn't want to admit to a lack of one and get berated for it lol.

The 200SX's transform with an aftermarket front pipe, standard one is rubbish on them. It's said the full exhaust really helps the scoobies as well but it was there when I got it so cant compare. Book fig for mine is 276 as well for a standard car, usual jap "gentlemans agreement" that they wouldnt make cars over that, when inreality they just didnt put a book figure higher than that in lol.

Ross
Old May 18th, 2006, 19:13   #5
the great one

heres a couple of pics blue 60
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 029.jpg (56.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 028.jpg (67.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 025.jpg (59.5 KB, 10 views)
Old May 21st, 2006, 02:46   #6
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

That actually sounds like a (very, very) loud version of the noise my 360 makes...I approve! Did I spy the blue side repeaters still being fitted?! Closet ricer!

Where the hell is the turbo / are the turbos hiding on that Skyline? I'm used to seeing a pair of big bastard snails on the side of those things!

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of a Supra lump...wrong side! It's under the intake pipework there on the right, yeah?

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 22:49   #7
Ross9
Master Member

lol, indeed it has blue side repeaters, already on the car when I bought it and the only thing not to my taste present on the car, will most likely change them to clear in the future.

Ross
Old May 22nd, 2006, 00:15   #8
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

You can't fool me...you love them really...they'd already be gone if you disliked them as much as you should

Hot car, no two ways about it.

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote