Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

running lights

Views : 1963

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 21:20   #1
roundthebenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy1 View Post
thank you,
will try to source an older light switch,if that fails i will pull the relay in footwell as was mentioned,
not had the car long ,totally love it apart from the lights burning all day,
also on the cards for the next dry day is removing the air con pump, radiator and associated piping,do not see a need for it either ( scottish weather ) , have removed it in a few cars before,also takes a bit of strain off the engine loading, why drive a pump when it will never be used.and lets some more good scottish cool air through to the real radiator,
apart from the above , and the annoying seatbelt buzzer has been disconnected ( I do not,and never have worn a seatbelt,, it will be left standard as that is the reason that i bought it,
3 small changes to suit my personal taste is not bad,
The air con pump only runs when in use nso no load on the engine otherwise. The pulley merely spins freely until the clutch kicks in. As for Scotish weather, air con doesn't just chill the air it dehumidifies as well helping to prevent the windows misting up in damp weather. The cold air is reheated in the system so you get dehumidified warm air in cold weather. Better than having the windows open.
roundthebenz is offline   Reply With Quote