Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 SE 2.0T 2003 - For Sale

Views : 789

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 12:37   #1
dcw
VOC Member

Default V40 SE 2.0T 2003 - For Sale

I am selling my V40 2.0T - geneuine reason for sale in that I have finally found myself the "right" T4 that I have been searching for for some time.

She is a 2003 model on a 52 plate, Titanium Grey metallic, manual, with 143,000 miles on the clock. SE specification includes leather upholstery, info centre, ECC, etc. She also has the winter pack with the headlamp wash-wipe and heated seats.

Everything works just as it should!

She had a partial service history when I bought her a few months ago, with a cambelt change at the 96K mark. I immediately gave her a major service - oil change, all filters, plugs etc (genuine Volvo items used), as well as a coolant and brake fluid change. I have also replaced front shocks/top mounts and drop links, as well as the lambda sensor and catalytic converter (at a considerable cost!).

She is taxed until July 2012 and has an MOT until February 2013 - after my work she flew through her MOT without any advisories.

She is in good condition inside and out considering her age and mileage, still handles very well and runs both smoothly and powerfully.

I am looking for £1,300 or a near offer, since I cannot run both V40's so she really needs to go. Car is near York and obviously I'll answer any further questions, and any view or drive is welcome.

Thanks

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V40 1.jpg (291.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg V40 2.jpg (354.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg V40 4.jpg (349.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg V40 6.jpg (296.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg V40 7.jpg (303.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg V40 8.jpg (252.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg V40 9.jpg (369.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg V40 10.jpg (210.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg V40 11.jpg (289.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg V40 12.jpg (218.9 KB, 37 views)
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 21:12   #2
mechakev
Master Member

Yo, might be interested, am in York, would it be possible to view tomorrow?

few quick questions, is that a dent on the front of the bonnet?
Is there any rust what so ever or paint bubbling on the car body?
Do you have proof of the cambelt change and how long ago was it done?
How are the tyres? Is there much corrosion on the alloys?
Does it have cruise control? What's the condition of the drivers seat like?

Sorry for the million questions

Kev

Last edited by mechakev; Mar 31st, 2012 at 21:17.
mechakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 22:36   #3
dcw
VOC Member

Default V40

Hi Kev

Thanks for the post - you are welcome tomorrow afternoon, and I have PM'd you with contact details.

No probs with the questions - I'll answer them here rather than in the PM then anyone else can see too:

Paperwork that came with the car included the MOT's but otherwise was patchy. Cambelt change I confirmed with garage that had looked after car and was told it was about early 2009 at about 96K - I have checked visually and cambelt has been replaced.

Tyres all have at least 5 mm left on them. The alloys are in average shape; being Telestos they are not the easiest to clean, so I don't think the previous owner was too fastidious. They have much improved with work from me and, to be honest, were I keeping the car I would eventually have looked to get them refurbished. Again, though, they don't look at all bad unless you start studying them!

Yes, that is a very small crease on the front of the bonnet by the grille - it hardly shows in real life unless you know it's there: I din't even notice it myself until after I'd bought the car. However, the sun has caught it "just right" in the photo to make it look far worse than it is.

There is no rust or paint bubbling anywhere.

Yes, it does have cruise control which works fine. Driver's seat is in very good condition for its age, with very little noticeable wear.

I hope that's helpful! In summary, I am not going to pretend the car is immaculate, because it isn't. However, it is very clean, in overall good condition, with everything fully working. It's good to drive and I think has lots left to offer...

David
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 19:40   #4
dcw
VOC Member

Smile V40 - sold!

Sold this afternoon to Kev, which I am pleased about because I think that means she is going to a good home...

Thanks Kev! I'll keep her safe for you now until you pick her up.

David
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 20:49   #5
mechakev
Master Member

It was a pleasure to meet you david and the car was superb! I look forward to collecting it later this week . I can't believe I got another 40 series!

I'll take good care of it, I'm planning on blasting it around Europe!