Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Petrol & Diesel Tuning Chips

Views : 1266

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 10:19   #1
wingz123

Exclamation Petrol & Diesel Tuning Chips

Evening all,

Thought I'd pop you a message. Next week my Ebay shop is going live and I will indeed be selling diesel and petrol tuning modules/chips which increase performance but more importantly save on fuel.

You can expect around 30% more BHP, 35% more torque and a 15% saving on fuel.

Do let me know if you are interested, just having my web designer finish off the last few bits and pieces with regards to the Ebay listing then we should be good to go.

I can provide them for petrol and diesel engined cars vehicles - Just pop me a pm with your make/model and engine of car and I'll come back to you with the right chip.

Thanks,

James

1995 Volvo 850 GLT TDi (OBD2)
wingz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 14:30   #2
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

Oooo, just what I've been waiting for but before I take the plunge can I ask a few questions:

i) have you cleared your status as a trader now on the forum?

ii) A gain of 30% on the EUIII D5 would take it to 217bhp and 460Nm (from stock 163 and 340 figures). Funnily enough I've just had my remapped D5 dyno'd at 195bhp and 450Nm. Do you have a dyno plot to share please to show the gains?

iii) Can you explain how the "chip" interfaces with the cars control systems, particularly the engine management routines in case of issues? You must know, being the seller of such an item and having the technical background, that simply injecting more fuel without looking at other parameters such as boost, injection timing, etc might lead to issues such as increased exhaust gas temperatures, overfuelling and soot generation, etc. If there is an issue with the engine the built in routines will put the car into limp mode to protect itself until diagnosis can be undertaken.

I've been doing a bit of research into diesels and increasing the performance. Unfortunately, info on the D5 engine inparticular is a bit thin on the ground.

If I can get to 220bhp I'd be a happy chappy.

Thanks

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 15:19   #3
wingz123

Exclamation Re - Response to your query regarding a tuning box

Afternoon Robbie,

I've just popped you a pm - Do let me know if you have any more questions,

Thanks,

James

1995 Volvo 850 GLT TDi (OBD2)
wingz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 15:28   #4
philone851
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz123 View Post
Afternoon Robbie,

I've just popped you a pm - Do let me know if you have any more questions,

Thanks,

James
so do you put a Tuning Chip in the ecu or do you upload to the ecu?
philone851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 17:57   #5
DC6839
Goldwing Rider

Hi. Mine is a 2003 V40 1.9D (115bhp) Sport Lux and I would like to know the price of the mod chip please ? Is this an easy DIY fit and it's economy, rather than power, that I am looking for. Thanks
DC6839 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DC6839 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 13:31   #6
The Mad Taff
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC6839 View Post
Hi. Mine is a 2003 V40 1.9D (115bhp) Sport Lux and I would like to know the price of the mod chip please ? Is this an easy DIY fit and it's economy, rather than power, that I am looking for. Thanks
Ditto for me, I've got a V40 1.9D (115bhp) SE.
The Mad Taff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 21:44   #7
scr8pdo
Premier Member

How much for V70 2.5 TDi Chip?
Regards Ste
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 13:22   #8
silverback02
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Oooo, just what I've been waiting for but before I take the plunge can I ask a few questions:

i) have you cleared your status as a trader now on the forum?

ii) A gain of 30% on the EUIII D5 would take it to 217bhp and 460Nm (from stock 163 and 340 figures). Funnily enough I've just had my remapped D5 dyno'd at 195bhp and 450Nm. Do you have a dyno plot to share please to show the gains?

iii) Can you explain how the "chip" interfaces with the cars control systems, particularly the engine management routines in case of issues? You must know, being the seller of such an item and having the technical background, that simply injecting more fuel without looking at other parameters such as boost, injection timing, etc might lead to issues such as increased exhaust gas temperatures, overfuelling and soot generation, etc. If there is an issue with the engine the built in routines will put the car into limp mode to protect itself until diagnosis can be undertaken.

I've been doing a bit of research into diesels and increasing the performance. Unfortunately, info on the D5 engine inparticular is a bit thin on the ground.

If I can get to 220bhp I'd be a happy chappy.

Thanks

Hi there,
There are a few of us that are interested, and would ask the same or simular questions.
So any chance of putting an answer on here ?
(It could save you a lot of time sending to all who ask) and give us all a further insight to the workings. and poss costs.
cheers,
Joe
RTI CD. SC901 Prem sound sys. Strut Brace
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 15:43   #9
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

"Advert" was placed on more than one sub-forum.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138588
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138590
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=138574

Not much forthcoming than can be found from other sellers of these boxes

The first thread in the list appears to have more "information" than the others.

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.

Last edited by RobbieH; Dec 1st, 2011 at 16:46. Reason: wrong thread quoted
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote