Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Recently Purchased XC90, Few questions

Views : 1545

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 1st, 2021, 18:42   #1
Ryan2507

Default Recently Purchased XC90, Few questions

Evening

Couple weeks back i purchased a 59 Plate XC90 R design D5 geartronic to replace my wifes 525d E61, very happy with the car so far although it is a little like driving a tank and just about everything is a blindspot... but very nice to drive.

The cars on 92k and id planning on doing some piece of mind maintenance, well getting my dad to do it whilst i hold the torch in the wrong place..

First question.. Iv bought a cambelt kit and some coolant as it came with a pump, iv found some guides and also have haynes manual for reference but does anyone have any good tips that i might have missed?

2nd question.. i want to do a gearbox oil change but have seen various posts of various different methods, is there any general consensus on best method and can any one link in a good DIY guide with pictures.. struggling to find one with forum search. Also iv seen recommendations for AMSOIL, is there a consensus and reasoning for this being better than volvos own ATF, I dont mind paying more to do it the best way possible if its going to increase chances of the gearbox having a long life.

3rd question... my wifes a hobbit and my kids are young so id ideally like some running boards, iv seen threads about using spacers to get original volvo steps to fit on a R design but iv also seen alot of posts saying theyre pretty useless anyway unless you like dirty legs, has any one found and had success with any aftermarket ones that are more like the ones you get on Q7s and range rovers etc?

Final one.. Any suggestions for other good preemptive maintenance specific to these cars?? car has a well documented service history, but the words "sealed for life" and "lifetime" seem to appear alot from what iv read

thanks for any help and input

Ryan
Ryan2507 is offline   Reply With Quote