Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

front arm rest

Views : 1246

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2011, 11:31   #1
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

Default front arm rest

i have the chance of getting the arm rest that fits between the front seats, how are they fitted and where to? i presume that they fold up when not needed? would anyone have a pic of one fitted

cheers
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 13:05   #2
ALLOA
Master Member

Do have the chance of 2?

Where do you get them?

Cheers

Scott
ALLOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 13:19   #3
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

Or 3

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 13:35   #4
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

You will find them on ebay.com some will ship to UK. They fit on the seat belt bolts.

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike_Brace For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 13:35   #5
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

Theres only two available one blue cloth which ive got my name on and one leather one. Before i get it i wanted to know how easy and where they fit.
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 13:39   #6
wooble
Stay gold baby!

There are always a couple for sale on US ebay, that's where I got mine. they come in all colours and a variety of fabrics, in three styles:

Early, which bolts to the side of the driver's seat and is made of hard plastic - these are pretty rare, not too comfortable and I'm not even sure if they work with later seats.

Middle- dates from the early 80s till the early 90s - basically a big foam block with a fabric/vinyl/leather/plush cover and two steel legs which bolt to the seatbelt mountings at the bottom of the centre console. These are the most common kind and the kind I have. Usually costs $50-100 on US ebay depending on colour and demand. They were also available with slide-out cupholders in the armrest which are rare and cost more.

Late - Only made for the last few years of production. They come as steel bracket which bolts to the floorpan inside the handbrake cover, and the armrest is then attached to it through holes drilled in the top of the handbrake cover. Made of soft foam type plastic similar to the dash and always equipped with front and rear slide-out cupholders. Also pretty rare, as the bracket from inside the handbrake cover is usually missing when they go on sale and it's useless without it!

EDIT: They do fold up, they're not hard to fit. A few minutes with a 19mm socket and a philips or torx driver and you're done.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 16:42   #7
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

this is the arm rest ive obtained, from woobles description it must be the middle design one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arm rest.jpg (24.7 KB, 21 views)
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 18:53   #8
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Yup, that's the one. Looks like a california one the way the colour's been bleached out of the vinyl! Mine is similar, but the tan vinyl takes on a horrible green hue when it bleaches out. I would re-dye it but I'm looking out for a period-correct late armrest to replace it.

They're nice for motorway cruising, a bit duff around town with a manual as it makes it awkward to reach gears 2 and 4 when the armrest's down.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post: