Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar upgrade

Views : 6859

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 25th, 2023, 19:58   #1
Hadajag

Default Polestar upgrade

I have received an email from my local dealer offering a Polestar ugrade to my XC60 for £695. Whilst a lot of somewhat unexplained power/ torque measurements are given the only figure that was meaningful to me was the 0-100kmh figure that improves by just 0.1 second.
This is not worth it in my estimation.
Am I missing something?
Hadajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 20:24   #2
MikeGMT
VOC Member

I would agree, as a engine re-map you get poor bang for your buck. But it is all the other 'optimisations' that go along with it that makes the Polestar upgrade worth doing, especially if you can get it on a offer. Had mine done a few years ago and no regrets, it does transform the drivability.
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 20:34   #3
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
I would agree, as a engine re-map you get poor bang for your buck. But it is all the other 'optimisations' that go along with it that makes the Polestar upgrade worth doing, especially if you can get it on a offer. Had mine done a few years ago and no regrets, it does transform the drivability.
If Carlisle are offering it for £300 at the moment, might be worth a call to your local dealer to see if it's a national offer. Definitely worth it for that kind of money!

I paid £595 for my D5 V60 plug in, but the engine power went up from 163 to 220bhp. (No addition to battery output).
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 20:40   #4
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
If Carlisle are offering it for £300 at the moment, might be worth a call to your local dealer to see if it's a national offer. Definitely worth it for that kind of money!

I paid £595 for my D5 V60 plug in, but the engine power went up from 163 to 220bhp. (No addition to battery output).
Where did you find Carlisle are offering it for £300?

The only reference I can find that seems to quote BHP indicates a zero increase (B5 petrol)
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 21:30   #5
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadajag View Post

The only reference I can find that seems to quote BHP indicates a zero increase (B5 petrol)
On here, posted by them !
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 11:56   #6
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
On here, posted by them !
Sorry yes this is in part of this overall forum that I have never visited. Lloyds website only says on offer at £550.

I doubt the £300 is national but the £550 may be a lever. However am still unconvinced that this will give me any benefit.
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 08:43   #7
Kugaman1

Quote:

I have a B5 petrol mild hybrid….from what I can see, there isnt a polestar optimisation available for it?
Kugaman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 20:34   #8
Hadajag

What other optimisations? I do not have any driveability issues with my XC60 indeed it is a pleasure to drive.

Last edited by Hadajag; Jan 25th, 2023 at 20:43.
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 21:23   #9
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
What other optimisations? I do not have any driveability issues with my XC60 indeed it is a pleasure to drive.
Polestar*
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 11:51   #10
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
Yes I read that before I started this thread -none of it seemed to offer any improvement over what I have.
I note that those who do claim that this optimisation improved their cars are all Diesel owners. When I was loking to buy the XC60 I asked a local dealer for a test drive in a XC60 B5P . I turned up and got in the car and after a quick run down from the salesman drove off. It was immediately noticeable that it was very "flat" and sluggish on pull away It was also noisy and it quickly dawned on me that it was a diesel (B5). Returned to dealer and expressed my disappointment which produced profuse apologies and a cup of tea whist they organised a petrol version. What a difference!