Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

new car arrived

Views : 845

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2008, 11:48   #1
Mercmanuk

Default new car arrived

Hi just received my new V70 2.4 diesel Auto SE-LUX black with grey light leather and very impressed with the consumption baring in mind this is a new engine and will need running in, just returned a steady 38 mpg @ 62 mph on a 105 mile round run in trip pretty good for a big car, no problems with power plenty there, little noise and very comfortable, took the 4 of us very easy 2 adults 2 kids, one meal each in comfort eldist had bags of room in the boot to eat her fish and chips and a slow drive through Blackpool lights,

very Happy

Regards mark

Will take some picture's
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 13:15   #2
T5R+
V70 Fan

You sound as "pleased as punch". is in the air

Guarantee you will like it more and more as you discover example things like dropping side mirrors to kerb when you select reverse.

May I ask which Volvo dealer you used and was your ex-Merc from Mercedes Stockport. I choose a Sport (simply for looks) - any reason you choose the Lux.
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 18:06   #3
Mercmanuk

Hi the dropping rear view mirror ???? not seen it drop yet, How do you activate that ????,i bought the Mercedes from MB carlisle 4 years ago and she is still with me the wife has her now. I bought the Volvo from bury unfortunately they as are all the stratstone dealer ships closing down there are some great deals on the cars in the showrooms and forecourts you can buy what they have in stock or second hand.

i went for the lux as it offers electric tailgate, leather, and bi- xenons turning headlights, and heated seats to name a few and cheaper than adding the options,

Regards mark.
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 19:24   #4
T5R+
V70 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmanuk View Post
Hi the dropping rear view mirror ???? not seen it drop yet, How do you activate that ????,
Not sure if can do it through the info centre BUT if I want it, hit the mirror button/switch when selecting reverse on your control console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmanuk View Post
I went for the lux as it offers electric tailgate, leather, and bi- xenons turning headlights, and heated seats to name a few and cheaper than adding the options,
Regards mark.
This makes sense. Not convinced the the electronic tailgate is robust and has longevity - time will tell?
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 20:25   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R+ View Post

This makes sense. Not convinced the the electronic tailgate is robust and has longevity - time will tell?

This was originaly desigened by volvo with a power strut on each side , after the prototypes it lost the right hand one so only has one power strut now . ( F O R D ? ) sounds familiar ? the S60 V70 S80 lost a bonnet strut in 2005 model year when Ford messed around and cut a lot of costs on the car ..