Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Big up to BB54

Views : 1554

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2007, 09:00   #1
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Default Big up to BB54

I would like to pass my thanks to wayne for his kind assistance helping me out by sending me a camshaft postion sensor to uliminate a part of my non-starting problems.....
Sunday afternoon, staying overnight at mother-in-laws i was about to nip off to my local shell to fill with optiplop and my beloved 850 would not start...the mrs was nagging me that it had no petrol as the miles to go was down to 10...i kept telling her it would not be the problem but she insisted on filling the tank from the 20litre lawnmower can....(unleaded ahhhh)....
needless to say it still would not start, and having no code reader with me i whipped off the air box and attached the distributer cap end of the coil lead to earth and turned her over....nothing.....
i managed to find a 12v buld and soldered a couple of fly leads to it to check the coil input...nothing.....
so the coil is fine next step is the cps, so using a similar wiring method on a 40w/240v bulb attached it to the cps plug and fired expecting maybe a very dim light...i tried it also with my 12v bulb (im sure the sensor is a/c) but nothing on either.....
must be the cps.....
phoned wayne and begged for a lend of a spare....
he texted me to say it had been sent monday...arrived tuesday
meanwhile i used my 12v bulb and 3 paperclips to attempt to read the codes via my obd11 port, incredibly i got the code 3-1-4 (and 1-2-1 as maf was off).....
Picked waynes part up from home tuesday, with code reader and 15 minutes later the cps was replaced and the car fired straight back to life, cleared the codes and back to normal......
Wayne you are a star and as soon as i get my hands on another i will send it back to you.....
This is what the volvo community is all about....
cheers
jod
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 09:15   #2
r800v6

Hi Jod,

It's great when you know there are people that will help you out, especially when it saves you a fortune of having to buy multiple parts to fault find.

I too owe a BIG thank you to the member on here FATLADZ, in conversation with him on messenger about him LPG'ing his car and the conversation turned to the fault with my car, he suggests it would be the actuator, then offers to send me one, which he did very quickly, not convinced it was the actuator but willing to try it out as one more thing ruled out, I fitted it and now my car is sorted and a pleasure to drive again!

I have been running my own forum and website for a while supporting owners of another brand of car and I am always sending parts out to people...it was nice to know that when I am in need some one was willing to do the same.....great stuff

Glad you got your problem sorted, unlike me without LOTS of expensive part switching LOL
Paul.
www.mobileautomotivesandlpg.co.uk
r800v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 17:18   #3
bb54
diy bhp

your welcome Jod, when you found out i had alarm probs a relay arrived in the post a couple of days later from you.
your right, its what the forum is all about.

no hurry on the return mate, my phase1 cam pos sens is A1.

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
bb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 17:23   #4
PNuT
MaDMaN

i can feel the love of male bonding
PNuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 17:39   #5
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
your just jealous.....
cheers
jod
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 17:44   #6
bb54
diy bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
id prefer you felt the ovlov

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
bb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 19:28   #7
GregE102
VOC Member

Thumbs up Top bloke

I second this notion as today in the poring rain Wayne was good enough to swap out BCS valves and check codes.
Top Bloke
Cheers wayne
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 19:45   #8
FatLadZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by r800v6 View Post
Hi Jod,

It's great when you know there are people that will help you out, especially when it saves you a fortune of having to buy multiple parts to fault find.

I too owe a BIG thank you to the member on here FATLADZ, in conversation with him on messenger about him LPG'ing his car and the conversation turned to the fault with my car, he suggests it would be the actuator, then offers to send me one, which he did very quickly, not convinced it was the actuator but willing to try it out as one more thing ruled out, I fitted it and now my car is sorted and a pleasure to drive again!

I have been running my own forum and website for a while supporting owners of another brand of car and I am always sending parts out to people...it was nice to know that when I am in need some one was willing to do the same.....great stuff

Glad you got your problem sorted, unlike me without LOTS of expensive part switching LOL
Paul.

Your welcome matey
it was sat there doing nothing and as i am a bit of a turbo expert i was happy to help
FatLadZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 20:08   #9
RiPsTa33
Trader

There is a great sense of community in the air with all the sharing thats going on, while we are on the subject has anybody got a tuned 850R they could lend me for about a year?.........................anyone?
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 20:24   #10
r800v6

And since we are making requests would I be overstepping the boundary if I requested a Laser Blue V70R? I promise to give it back when I get bored with it LOL

Paul.
www.mobileautomotivesandlpg.co.uk
r800v6 is offline   Reply With Quote