Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Windscreen Seal

Views : 891

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2009, 19:07   #1
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Windscreen Seal

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy a windscreen seal and the chrome trim pieces that slot into it?

I thought I had secured one from the main dealer's, but when I arrived to collect other parts they told me that the parts have been deleted. Which is really useful as, even though the screen is bonded, you can't very well run round without one!

All help welcomed.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 16:26   #2
brodgar
I've Been Banned

i have a black windscreen surround avaible.

comes from a a-reg 240 glt

Quote:
Originally Posted by T240 View Post
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy a windscreen seal and the chrome trim pieces that slot into it?

I thought I had secured one from the main dealer's, but when I arrived to collect other parts they told me that the parts have been deleted. Which is really useful as, even though the screen is bonded, you can't very well run round without one!

All help welcomed.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

T
brodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 21:44   #3
dan 244
Master Member

You could try auto glass, as we had our windscreen replaced recently, and the put a new rubber and chrome trim on as we said the old one had gone hard and discoloured. Dont know where they got it.

Ours is and 89 with the wide rubber and narrow chrome strip, so the middle of the three standard trims. Early cars had a wider chrome trim with rubber, and later ones had just black rubber; and actualy now I think about it very early ones had just chrome, no rubber, so 4 options.
dan 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 20:41   #4
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 244 View Post
You could try auto glass, as we had our windscreen replaced recently, and the put a new rubber and chrome trim on as we said the old one had gone hard and discoloured. Dont know where they got it.

Ours is an 89 with the wide rubber and narrow chrome strip, so the middle of the three standard trims. Early cars had a wider chrome trim with rubber, and later ones had just black rubber; and actualy now I think about it very early ones had just chrome, no rubber, so 4 options.
Mine is the same as yours (registered Nov 88).

I haven't been back to Bolton Safety Glass since I first enquired (they are the local autoglass agent), so perhaps they have a back stock. I really want to keep it as standard as poss in this department. So I'll go see them once we get the festivities over.

Thanks for posting, you've raised my hopes considerably

Happy New Year,

T
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 20:43   #5
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 244 View Post

Ours is an 89 with the wide rubber and narrow chrome strip, so the middle of the three standard trims. Early cars had a wider chrome trim with rubber, and later ones had just black rubber; and actualy now I think about it very early ones had just chrome, no rubber, so 4 options.
Mine is the same as yours (registered Nov 88).

I haven't been back to Bolton Safety Glass since I first enquired, and tried to order the parts from the Volvo agents just to be on the safe side - but discontinued as I said.
I'll go see BSG and Autoglass once we get the festivities over.

Thanks for posting, you've raised my hopes considerably

Happy New Year,

T

Last edited by T240; Dec 30th, 2009 at 20:49.
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 22:03   #6
dan 244
Master Member

If no luck, let me know and I will enquire with our local autoglass as to where they got the seal.
dan 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dan 244 For This Useful Post: