Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo 460 cat less exhaust

Views : 2431

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 01:33   #1
D3VJ1

Default volvo 460 cat less exhaust

hey guys i just took a video to check out how the exhaust sounds, i have just recently got the catalytic converter replaced with a decat pipe that was made for the car with the lambda sensor port conected to a standard backbox. tell me what you guys think of it

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
D3VJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 19:06   #2
440anator
rookie

Smile

awesome man, i hav a back box on my 440 aswell sum note off her i must say. but man i must say i like the noise urs makes, also can i ask how did u decat ur car? is she a pre 1993? more details about how u went about it plz thanks
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 01:43   #3
D3VJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440anator View Post
awesome man, i hav a back box on my 440 aswell sum note off her i must say. but man i must say i like the noise urs makes, also can i ask how did u decat ur car? is she a pre 1993? more details about how u went about it plz thanks
hey anator, thanks man for the positive comment yes this car is pre 1992 j plate, the cat for the 440 n the 460 are different because the 460 has 2 sets of flanges on it where as the 440 came with cats with one flange and a sleeve, i got a mid-box out for a 440/460 that predated the cats and got a friend to chop and weld up a 2"pipe in the middle of the 2 flanges and also had to get a lambda senser port and had to get that welded in, it turned out quite nice. i have to say this car picks up speed much faster then it did with the cat, while holding up the economy, still get 31+mpg. i can also hear the turbo alot more clearly
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 21:17   #4
440anator
rookie

Wink

no probs man good to know (and hear lol) that ther are other 400 series bein modified. do u hav any other mods done to your car? if i may ask lol

yeh again i love then wee rumble she makes wen she calms down lol
well i'll take wat u said an ask my mechanic
i'll keep u posted btw do u knw how to get pics up on this thing?lol
cheers
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 00:28   #5
D3VJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440anator View Post
no probs man good to know (and hear lol) that ther are other 400 series bein modified. do u hav any other mods done to your car? if i may ask lol

yeh again i love then wee rumble she makes wen she calms down lol
well i'll take wat u said an ask my mechanic
i'll keep u posted btw do u knw how to get pics up on this thing?lol
cheers
hey 440anator, there should be alot of modified 400 series cars on this site, you just have to look, the mods to my car are some 30mm springs that completely changed the handleing of the beast, and some nice 8k hids that look great doy or nite
to get pics on this forum you have to upload it on some websites, http://imagehost.org/ for example then you click on "insert image" the copy and paste the url into it and your done.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 22:30   #6
Hell Driver

Hi I've got a J reg 440 Turbo (with cat), do you have to have it on for the M.O.T. or does it pre-date the rules for having a cat? The joint near the cat is blowing and I wondered if I could do away with it altogether. (I once ran an L reg 1.7 without a cat but at M.O.T. time it caused problems!) The cars off the road at the moment while I get my 340 back up and running.
Hell Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 23:03   #7
D3VJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Driver View Post
Hi I've got a J reg 440 Turbo (with cat), do you have to have it on for the M.O.T. or does it pre-date the rules for having a cat? The joint near the cat is blowing and I wondered if I could do away with it altogether. (I once ran an L reg 1.7 without a cat but at M.O.T. time it caused problems!) The cars off the road at the moment while I get my 340 back up and running.
Hello helldriver, wat year is your car? If it is a 'j' plate which is 1992 or if the car is older then you will have no problem with the mot.
Hope that helps
Dev
Ps the l reg car needs a cat for mot, emmisions is the problem
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 11:58   #8
carl4u44
Master Member

even cars after 93 rarely fail our mot without the cat unless the engine is knackard and pumping out all sorts of crazy emmisions.
carl4u44 is offline   Reply With Quote