Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 2020 Side Mirrors

Views : 1118

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2023, 18:41   #1
Rhydosber

Question V90 2020 Side Mirrors

Has anyone come across a problem with side mirrors - On unlocking the car the drivers mirror goes out of position vertically and the passenger mirror goes horizontally its an intermittant fault and usually just one mirror at a time I've had the car to the local dealer and they changed some componants in the mirror units it lasted about a month then they updated the software it made no difference - Any ideas?
Rhydosber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2023, 22:34   #2
Mint Cake

My 2020 V90 is awaiting the arrival of a mirror motor as the DS mirror currently won't ajust up or down, only in or out. Still under warranty.
Mint Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2023, 13:09   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

You could try setting mirrors and re-profile your key fobs and lock the profile. Worth a try.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 17:32   #4
Moodygaz

mines been doing it for over a year, every time I lock the car and then open it they go out of position slightly, after a while I have to re position them, Volvo had a look last year at service but couldnt find anything wrong. Mines also a 2020 V90CC

Last edited by Moodygaz; Aug 15th, 2023 at 17:34. Reason: addition
Moodygaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2023, 19:49   #5
Chudy85
Volvo family member

I have similar issue as you guys since very beginning of my Volvo ownership. It happens for me on both mirrors.
Around 2 years ago I had the issue with outside temperature sensor and during that time my right mirror was newer at set position. After sensor was replaced, it become better, but issue was still noticeable on both mirrors. Especially after washing car.
Around year ago, I had same issue, and I could prove to Volvo technician my point.
I had temp sensor replaced again but at the same time they have replaced all mirror body with wire loom etc.
the issue on right mirror has gone for 10 months and 2 months ago come back. I am thinking now to get another visit at dealership and use my extended warranty for this issue. it is not that bad as used to be, but I would prefer to have those things always right.
Also, every time that I get loan car from Volvo this issue persists in every car that they loan me so far.
I'm calling this known issue, but Volvo won't admit it and saying to me that I am only person that report this to them.
One of remedy if mirrors cannot get to set position even you press memory button is open and slam the door with mirror that has issue and mirror will adjust to correct position after pressing memory button again.
Old Nov 26th, 2023, 22:52   #6
farmerbean

Had my s60 a week and door mirror seems to be similar to yours Chuddy
farmerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2023, 08:32   #7
kzu

Have the same issue in my MY2020 V90. My passenger side mirror does not come back to position. I'm still to figure out how to replicate it on my visit to the dealer as it is an intermittent fault.
kzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2023, 20:16   #8
BrettEverett

Mine just started to do this today (MY22 S90 Recharge)

Anyone has any updates on this, any success getting a permanent fix or useful comments from dealerships?

Thanks
BrettEverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2023, 06:18   #9
geordiev60

We had similar sounding issue on our V60 (MY22 Recharge) where nearside mirror was doing random things after coming out of reverse. Sometimes returning to where it should be, sometimes not.

Mentioned it to dealer when it went for service in November and haven't noticed it since so assume there's a software issue/update/fix...
geordiev60 is offline   Reply With Quote