Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 Collection

Views : 1134

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2008, 22:33   #1
dodgyken
Master Member

Default V70 Collection

So it was up early on Saturday morning - well I thought it was early until I figured out my phone, and hence alarm, was still on UK time!

Anyway out the door and upto the station to catch the train the 2 stops to where my Z4 was stored.

Walking down to the garage with the sunshining was a worrying moment - would I regret this?? The engine caught first time, and the burble from the sportier exhaust reminded me why I went for the car in the first place. Roof down, coat on, heater on, throttle gunned - and the Z4 was on her last drive.

She knocked out the 110km to St Gallen with ease - despite running dangerously low on fuel - 20km range when I stopped for £10 worth of fuel - but she was sipping at averaging 33mpg!!

Turning up at the garage my mind was made up, I love the Z4, its styling, the engine, the exhaust is just brilliant - but the ride is still too hard, and with my head knowing that I needed a tow-car I walked away and didn't look back.

Into the showroom the new car sat there, and she looked superb. The thoughts that had run through my head over whether the wheels would work, would the suspension be right vanished. Visually the car looks to my eyes just right. The suspension is subtly lower, despite a 35mm drop - and the wheels nicely fill the arches without too mad.

Final paperwork signed, demonstration of all the toys shown, and the bluetooth setup in 2 minutes I was on my way. Low speed diesel roar disappears as the speed builds effortlessly - and sat a cruise of 80mph you could talk in whispers. The ride is now firm and controlled, and fits very well with how I like a car to drive.

Fuel economy for the trip back was only slightly better than the Z4 - which shows the engine needs a good runin - which it will get in the next couple of months - at the end of which she will be poked up to 210PS and 460NM.

In the meantime the proof is in the visual pudding

dodgyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 21:03   #2
GMcL
0's and 1's

Looking good.
Give me a shout if you want me to help loosen it up while you're stuck in the UK & the car is sitting locked up in CH.
It doesn't do a car, especially a new one, any good to be sitting not used.
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 19:25   #3
JIM C
Forum Support Team

Great looking car. The wheels set it off nicely. I am sure you will enjoy it once the engine has a few more miles under its belt.
Jim