Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking Sensors, DVD's

Views : 815

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 04:19   #1
emcneil64

Unhappy Parking Sensors, DVD's

Hi my names Eric, please bare with me here as we have multiple issues.

Some time ago I lost my audio system and at the same time my, Sat Nav and Rear Parking Sensors stopped working.

As Volvo were looking for £1000 to replace the subwoofer I took advice on here and did the job myself for £105.

After changing out the rear Sub-Woofer / amplifier I have got my Audio Back i.e. CD player, radio and also my Sat-Nav back working perfectly.

However, no luck with the rear Parking Sensors, are they part of that system? Or is it just coincidence that they are not working?

The Parking Sensor Green LED light is not illuminating on the activation button. I tried swapping the button onto another channel and the LED then illumintaes, suggesting the original channel is faulty, there are 2 spare channels that I could possibly swap over to if that's feasible or could it be something to do with the sub-woofer aplifier?

Also, i'm getting a warning message that my my car alarm and Parking Sensors require to be serviced but not that they are faulty?

My rear DVD player screens also don't work but i'm sure this was prior to the loss of Audio Cd / Radio and other faults listed above. Are they connected to the Fibre Optic system which runs through the rear Sub-woofer?

The alrarm triggers on movement but the siren doesn't sound.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
emcneil64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 21:27   #2
emcneil64

Smile Parking Sensors

Hi Guy's,

Being a relative newby here I didn't see the many posts regarding the Parking Sensor problems so I now have a bit of a handle on that. One question though, the Green LED on the parking sensor activation button on the consule is not illuminating, if I move the button and plug it into another channell it lights up. Does this suggest a problem with the sensors or the channel that controls the sensors.

I have now also notcied the car Alarm advice, re leaking batteries etc. so will try and source a replacement for that and try and changing it out.

I will have a look and see if I can find any previous with the DVD player units but was wondering if anyone can confirm if they are on the Fibre Optic system or do they stand alone.

Great site, so much info to sift through with many great money saving tips, already as stated before I have saved £900 from the advice I found, thank's to all who contribute.
emcneil64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:39   #3
rayyan171

Hi

Has your car got a sunroof out of interest? This can cause problems if it does.
Thanks
Ray
rayyan171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car alarm, dvd players, rear parking sensor, sub-woofer amplifier