Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2022 B4D slow gear change.

Views : 779

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 10th, 2021, 12:51   #1
Handyandy2

Default 2022 B4D slow gear change.

I have a B4D automatic and have noticed that the first gear change from 2nd to 3rd gear on a cold morning seem to be slow. It is like the car has no drive for a second as 2nd disengages but before 3rd engages, with a noticeable rise in revs.

This only happens on the first change in a morning. Has anybody else experienced this please?
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2021, 15:18   #2
Vinesh

Yes! i have exactly the same experience - won't call it an issue yet. Asked the dealer and they gave **** and bull about the car going into winter mode when it is cold - i say **** and bull because it happens year round.

at worst it is an issue and at best it is just the fluid sloshing its way around the gearbox for the first gear change, or not if you know what i mean.

I will raise with the dealer again the next time i am in. if no issue is found i may get the trans fluid changed to see if that makes a difference.

I have a B5D
Vinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2021, 18:20   #3
Handyandy2

Unhappy

Glad it’s not just me! Yes I think it is to do with transmission fluid maybe being cold in the morning. I will mention it to them when next in but not making a special trip as it doesn’t seem to be getting any worse and after the first change it is fine. I dare say it would do it while they had it and I would get a similar fob off!
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote