Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My Volvo

Views : 412

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2017, 10:05   #1
NickHoward

Default My Volvo

Hey guys, I figured I'd start a new thread on this, as it seems there are multiple threads where My Volvo (MV) info is being discussed.

I thought I'd start with a quick "review" on my experience with MV.

When I ordered my car in late Jan, I was taking a dealer slot, so the order had been on with Volvo for a while (not sure how long) - Due to this, when I inputted my common order number into the MV page, it found the order with relative ease.

However, the information you get is pretty basic - There is far less you can learn from MV, than from the dealer - Even the ETA is designed to be 2-3 weeks late to manage your expectations (so you don't harass the dealer with up to date info).

My dealer was very good in keeping me informed, which meant I knew the information before MV was updated - It was nice to see the status move from "ordered" to "in production" the day after my dealer told me it was going to happen, but it was nothing I didn't already know.

Same applies to the "in transit" status. In hindsight, I'd rather not have an official system to follow such as MV, as you just end up being disappointed with the information provided.

2 days after picking up the car, the MV site was updated, and showed the actual car (rather than the car covered in a veil) - There is still not a huge amount of info which is useful (I'll add that I picked the car up a full 3 weeks before MV said it would first be available).

However, as I know I'd do the same daily check if I did it all again, I figured this thread could be useful for people who are waiting on their cars, and can compare MV dates with others who have been through the same thing.

Past:MY15 XC60 D4 R-Design Lux Nav, Black
NickHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NickHoward For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 10:59   #2
smj1873

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post
Hey guys, I figured I'd start a new thread on this, as it seems there are multiple threads where My Volvo (MV) info is being discussed.

I thought I'd start with a quick "review" on my experience with MV.

When I ordered my car in late Jan, I was taking a dealer slot, so the order had been on with Volvo for a while (not sure how long) - Due to this, when I inputted my common order number into the MV page, it found the order with relative ease.

However, the information you get is pretty basic - There is far less you can learn from MV, than from the dealer - Even the ETA is designed to be 2-3 weeks late to manage your expectations (so you don't harass the dealer with up to date info).

My dealer was very good in keeping me informed, which meant I knew the information before MV was updated - It was nice to see the status move from "ordered" to "in production" the day after my dealer told me it was going to happen, but it was nothing I didn't already know.

Same applies to the "in transit" status. In hindsight, I'd rather not have an official system to follow such as MV, as you just end up being disappointed with the information provided.

2 days after picking up the car, the MV site was updated, and showed the actual car (rather than the car covered in a veil) - There is still not a huge amount of info which is useful (I'll add that I picked the car up a full 3 weeks before MV said it would first be available).

However, as I know I'd do the same daily check if I did it all again, I figured this thread could be useful for people who are waiting on their cars, and can compare MV dates with others who have been through the same thing.
It's the first time I've had access to a system like this when ordering a car. Indeed, it's the first time I've ordered a car from a factory and not just a stock car. So I've quite enjoyed the ability to keep track somewhat.

It's not the best system in the world and I also found that my dealer had significantly more information on his system but it's a shame he hasn't kept in touch as much as he said he would.

My wife had ordered an XC60 a few weeks before I ordered my V90 and it's been a daily ritual of checking both accounts.

My V90 was ordered 21st February, went to In Production on 27/03/17 and In Transit To Dealer on 28/03/17.

The dealer told me yesterday that the expected date it will arrive with them is 17/04/17 and I find this strange as others have said a 3 to 5 days turnaround to reach the dealer after it's built. My Volvo originally stated May 1 to 12 so anything is a bonus really.
smj1873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 11:00   #3
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

so far I'm finding MyVolvo surprisingly accurate - though the amount of information it actually provides is woefully little. For my order in states "in transportation", and when I speak to the dealer they confirmed (earlier this week) it was in Gothenburg waiting shipping.

Unfortunately, it's going to arrive just to late to be registered under the current road tax regime.

Mind you, that didn't stop the dealer's admin team sending me a confirmation form for registration with a date of 28th March. Do you think I should hold them to that?!
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 11:23   #4
NickHoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith View Post
so far I'm finding MyVolvo surprisingly accurate - though the amount of information it actually provides is woefully little. For my order in states "in transportation", and when I speak to the dealer they confirmed (earlier this week) it was in Gothenburg waiting shipping.

Unfortunately, it's going to arrive just to late to be registered under the current road tax regime.

Mind you, that didn't stop the dealer's admin team sending me a confirmation form for registration with a date of 28th March. Do you think I should hold them to that?!
I was told it was possible to register it once it had left the factory - However, that then passes on the ownership to you.

So, if it sank on the ship, you'd have to explain that to the insurance company!

Regarding accuracy - Yes, it's been accurate, but the dealer gets the information in advance (it would seem a few days in advance), so it should really be them keeping you updated!

Past:MY15 XC60 D4 R-Design Lux Nav, Black
NickHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 18:59   #5
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post
I was told it was possible to register it once it had left the factory - However, that then passes on the ownership to you.

So, if it sank on the ship, you'd have to explain that to the insurance company!

Regarding accuracy - Yes, it's been accurate, but the dealer gets the information in advance (it would seem a few days in advance), so it should really be them keeping you updated!
It certainly does not transfer ownership. This is never transferred until paid for. In fact with a lease or contract hire, the owner remains the finance company, because the purchaser is, effectively, renting it. Hire purchase, despite the 'hire' part of the name, is actually a purchase up front, although it could be repossessed up to a certain point in the payment schedule without a Court Order should payments not be forthcoming.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 19:16   #6
pagan8c
Master Member

Picked mine up today and got the V5 in the post this morning.They registered it on Tuesday or Wednesday so DVLA were quick. It was a lovely drive home and off out down to town after. I have 19" Pirelli Scorpians fitted and they have been pretty quiet so no horrendous road noise etc and I have done both town and dual Carriageway and as far as I was concerned it was quite serene in the cabin with engine nice and quiet and smooth and the tyres were fine. When I looked yesterday My Volvo said in transportation for 3 weeks delivery, but I know it was at the garage as I went and saw it on Tuesday. I have just looked now and it has gone straight to being mine and giving me all the info re extras colour etc. What gets me is the car shown is a light grey colour in the picture even though MV says Magic Blue. When I got the V90 it showed it in Magic Blue in the picture.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 19:43   #7
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

oh, I'm having magic blue as well! My car is on the North Sea somewhere, so I'll have to pay the extra road tax after all. Hope to get it mid April (so the dealer says ..)