Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850/V70 load bay cover price

Views : 1217

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:57   #1
John_C
Allons-y!

Default 850/V70 load bay cover price

Having just seen a used load bay cover go on eBay for over £120 (!) thought I'd just mention they are available from Volvo for £144 inc VAT. That's for the phase 1 V70's and 850's not the phase 2 cars.

Still a hell of a lot of money for a glorified roller blind but for the extra £20 I know which one I would have gone for.....

Cheers,
John

Last edited by John_C; Jan 23rd, 2008 at 11:59.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 13:11   #2
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Having just seen a used load bay cover go on eBay for over £120 (!) thought I'd just mention they are available from Volvo for £144 inc VAT. That's for the phase 1 V70's and 850's not the phase 2 cars.

Still a hell of a lot of money for a glorified roller blind but for the extra £20 I know which one I would have gone for.....

Cheers,
John
i am suprised the volvo one was so "Cheap" tbh john, they are like rocking horse dung...
I agree the volvo part would be preferable
cheers
jod

G
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 13:31   #3
slartibartfast

I've been managing to keep mine going with a combination of UHU , Super Glue and the cunning addition of foreign plastic to strengthen those blasted black plastic ends !

At least I can tell any prospective new owner where to geta new from now :-)

Thanks for the info
slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 13:43   #4
John_C
Allons-y!

Must admit I was quite surprised the price didn't start with a "2"..... Thought it was worth giving them a call since I've been struggling to get hold of one.

My local dealer does a 10% VoC members discount too

Think I'll try a few scrappies etc first though, £130 is still a lot of money whichever way you cut it.

Cheers,
John
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 19:09   #5
zaskar

My v70 is a 7 seater so didn't come with a load cover but managed to get one at the local scrappers for £50 + vat in good working order.

You can sell fresh air on ebay!
zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 12:38   #6
capt jack
VOC Member

I've a grey '97 load cover collecting dust in the garage - I hardly ever use it! I didn't realise they are so valuable!

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 12:53   #7
V70 driver
V70 driver

Default For sale ?

If your one is collecting dust, is it for sale ?
V70 driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
I've a grey '97 load cover collecting dust in the garage - I hardly ever use it! I didn't realise they are so valuable!

Jack
V70 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 14:57   #8
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70 driver View Post
If your one is collecting dust, is it for sale ?
V70 driver
I'm certainly tempted now. I've used it just once in the past 12 months - that was when we went on holiday and had to leave bags in the car overnight. I don't use it much because I have an LPG conversion, and the spare wheel is strapped in an upright position, just to the rear of the NSR wheel arch - which means that the load cover won't fit,unless I lie the spare down flat on the floor.

Plus when stowed the cover to my way of thinking takes up a lot of space. I honestly don't think that the load cover is a very good design! I prefer to empty the boot if I'm concerned about someone having a go - I reckon that the load cover in place just suggests that there's something hidden there - plus now I reckon it's probably worth more than anything it's hiding!

If the b******ds will break in to steal a sat-nav window mount then the load cover itself at £100+ would be fair game too!

And yet if I sold it I know that I'd probably find that I needed it after all....

I'll think about and if I decide to sell I'll post on here! There are presently a few for sale on E-bay - one seller admits that the one he is selling is broken, so it's up as 'spares or repair'!

I wonder if it would be possible to make one up, using a roller-blind kit from B&Q?

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 19:47   #9
John_C
Allons-y!

I just got a beige load cover in what looks like good nick from eBay for less than £45, so just goes to show, they're only worth what someone will pay for them

Cheers,
John
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 08:33   #10
cornerwaysuk
Cornerwaysuk

Smile Load Cover

Hi All,
My load cover has broke, its in great condition but doesnt roll anymore. I took it out and the ends have broke inside the caps. Does anyone know if there are spare parts available for the blind and is it possible to repair them? I need a beige cover if any one wants to part with one for a nominal fee. Cheers Eric
cornerwaysuk is offline   Reply With Quote