Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Good garage near Henley on Thames for my 1994 Volvo 850 T-5

Views : 1918

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2014, 20:51   #1
theador

Default Good garage near Henley on Thames for my 1994 Volvo 850 T-5

Hi all;

I'm new on here; I've just picked up a lovely old 1994 850 T5. Does anyone know of a good garage in or around Henley on Thames for me to take my car when the need arises? I'd rather not take it to Volvo, but again; any opinions/advice on this would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Kris
theador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 14:42   #2
chris-oxon

We had very good service for years from WhiteHill Garage, although this was mostly with an imported Honda Civic. Don't know how they are with Volvos but it may be worth a call - . We found they were able to diagnose and fix several problems with the Civic, despite it being a unique to Japan model, with lots of incompatible parts compared to UK models. The 850 T5 should be much more straightforward in comparison.
See:

http://whitehill.boschauto.co.uk/our-services/
The Following User Says Thank You to chris-oxon For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 14:47   #3
Laney760
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theador View Post
Hi all;

I'm new on here; I've just picked up a lovely old 1994 850 T5. Does anyone know of a good garage in or around Henley on Thames for me to take my car when the need arises? I'd rather not take it to Volvo, but again; any opinions/advice on this would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

That wasn't you parked in the Esso garage yesterday? Nice motor if so!

I tend to do all my small jobs and servicing myself. I used to use Courteneys till Casey Courteney sold the business, if I want a big job done cheaply I use Yeo's Auto Workshop in Newtown Road, if I wanted a big job done properly I'd probably use the garage in Binfield Heath. I have personally had problems with Shiplake Motors in the past and don't use them anymore

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 20:27   #4
theador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post

I tend to do all my small jobs and servicing myself. I used to use Courteneys till Casey Courteney sold the business, if I want a big job done cheaply I use Yeo's Auto Workshop in Newtown Road, if I wanted a big job done properly I'd probably use the garage in Binfield Heath. I have personally had problems with Shiplake Motors in the past and don't use them anymore
Hey Laney, thanks, yeah I was parked up at the Esso garage yesterday picking up some fish and chips :-D. Re: the garage in binfield Heath, do you mean the Coterals garage opposite the post office, or the garage nearer the bottle and glass? I'm going to post a thread in the relevant section regarding suspension. Mine feels ever so bouncy as there's a couple of advisories on the mot regarding shocks, I'm wondering about swapping in some T5R Suspension parts, or hearing peoples recommendations.
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 00:11   #5
loopeylimey

Default volvo repairs

Quote:

Just to let you guys know , the chap that runs Yeo's Auto Workshop worked for Casey Courtney for a number of years and left when Casey sold up , so the chances are he worked on your volvo.
loopeylimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2015, 00:55   #6
Laney760
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopeylimey View Post
Just to let you guys know , the chap that runs Yeo's Auto Workshop worked for Casey Courtney for a number of years and left when Casey sold up , so the chances are he worked on your volvo.
Yeah, Dave, he went out on his own after Casey left! I should have said that in my post

Old Mar 20th, 2015, 13:34   #7
rasored

Angry unfair statement

[QUOTE=Laney760;1584702]

if I want a big job done cheaply I use Yeo's Auto Workshop in Newtown Road, if I wanted a big job done properly I'd probably use the garage in Binfield Heath.

sorry but i take umbridge with the statement above -

It implies that Yoe`s auto workshop dose not do a proper job

THIS IS UNTRUE

Yeo`s dose a cheap job AND better than those around ! any implcation that states otherwise is both unfounded and liable . For cost and honest work this is one of the best independent garages in Oxon. and Berks , offering services to every car / van on the market .

I find this very annoying when a good garage gets mis represented and feel i have to say something .
rasored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 12:24   #8
Laney760
VOC Member

[QUOTE=rasored;1876656]
Quote:

if I want a big job done cheaply I use Yeo's Auto Workshop in Newtown Road, if I wanted a big job done properly I'd probably use the garage in Binfield Heath.

THIS IS UNTRUE

Yeo`s dose a cheap job AND better than those around ! any implcation that states otherwise is both unfounded and liable . For cost and honest work this is one of the best independent garages in Oxon, and Berks , offering services to every car / van on the market .

I find this very annoying when a good garage gets mis represented and feel i have to say something .

Hold on a moment, that post is quite old and when Yeos first started up out of a lock-type building, I didn't imagine any single man garage working out of a lock-up could take on a big job due to lack of equipment, thats all I meant, compared to a big garage with lots of equipment. I should have put the emphasis on big and small jobs as oppose to properly, it was not meant to infer that Yeos don't do things properly. Since I posted this Yeos have done lots of good work for me. Sorry

I didn't word it very well I agree but I would hardly recommend a garage to use if they didn't do things properly would I?

My definition of big job is anything I cannot do myself (or don't have time for) I take to Yeos, big as in a really big job I would have thought Yeo may not be able to do due to restrictions I would have considered taking to a bigger garage

Last edited by Laney760; Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:56.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 12:30   #9
theador

Cool, I've been using Josh at JS motorworks - next to Thames View Tyres - for a few jobs, he's pretty good.
The Following User Says Thank You to theador For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 14:04   #10
JackDaniels
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasored View Post
Quote:

THIS IS UNTRUE

Yeo`s dose a cheap job AND better than those around ! any implcation that states otherwise is both unfounded and liable . For cost and honest work this is one of the best independent garages in Oxon. and Berks , offering services to every car / van on the market .

I find it a bit odd mate that your first ever post on the forum is this one do you work for Yeos then?
I dont think she meant it like it was put though, Ellie still uses that garage, why would she do that if they werent any good?? wind your neck in.
john.
JackDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote