Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DVD RSE HELP! Please!

Views : 768

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 10th, 2012, 12:52   #1
mrswills

Default DVD RSE HELP! Please!

Hi all, I have a 2004 xc90 with the screens inbuilt into the headrests, these were working fine up until a couple of days ago when my husband was fiddling around in the boot area (could be a coincidence), now the DVD player (it's the 10 disc changer in the boot) is working as I can hear the power when I've inserted dvds, but there is absolutely nothing happening with the screens, they don't seem to be getting any power at all when I press the button on the far right side - this is before I even have to use the remote control. Please help me as I'm a lady with no clue what to do!! Could there be a wire loose (I did check in the boot where the rear brake light area is and nothing seems to be loose) - could there be something like a fuse gone???
I'd really appreciate any help - please remember it's the 2004 model style dvd players. Thanks in advance, really hope somebody can help me
mrswills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 19:00   #2
martin j

If you look at the fuse panel which is in the boot behind the left hand side panel there is a stud with two wires on it, one feeds the DVD player in your boot and the other wire has the 10A inline fuse which feeds the front screens. The fuse is inside a black rubber water proof cover which needs to be pulled open to see it.
Hope it helps.
Martin
martin j is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin j For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2012, 15:07   #3
mrswills

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm having difficulty finding where the fuse is as have pulled literally everything out of the bit under the cargo cover (eg the whole dvd electrics bit with the wireless ear phone transmitter etc) and can't find where the fuse is located - no rubber boxes!! I've brought some fuses though so will pop up to my volvo garage in the week to see whether they can help me! Thank you again so much for your reply!!
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:24   #4
elliott2
Trader

Default RSE problems

Hi, I designed this system for Volvo, if the DVD is ejecting the cartridge then this will not be an issue with the fuse the last guy has mentioned. If you are still having problems please let me know and I can talk you through things, Peter
elliott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:53   #5
mrswills

Hi Peter! Yes I am still having problems!! As I say, no power to either of the screens. They were working perfectly just over a week ago. Could it perhaps be a dodgy wire ad my husband had been fiddling around where all the wires were (for no reason at all other than to make my life more difficult!!!!). Thanks so so much for your response.