Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY2019 S90 D4 Polestar Optimisation

Views : 1366

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 20th, 2021, 16:48   #1
Billwizz

Default MY2019 S90 D4 Polestar Optimisation

Hello

Iv'e recently purchased a MY 2019 D4 S90 and thinking about having a Polestar optimisation upgrade

I understand that I'll be replacing the dynamic mode for optimised mode which includes all the bells and whistles which comes with the upgrade

But can anyone please advise if the following will be noticeable when driving in other modes ie comfort and Eco

Faster Throttle Response
Faster Gear Changes
Better Gear Precision & Hold
Faster Gear & Engine Response

I suspect that the Increased Engine performance will only be applicable when in Optimised mode

Regards and keep safe

Bill
Billwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 20:09   #2
MikeGMT
VOC Member

There was a thread on just this subject not so long ago, Here. Nothing really conclusive seemed to be the outcome. All rather mysterious, and a closely guarded secret.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 10:31   #3
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
There was a thread on just this subject not so long ago, Here. Nothing really conclusive seemed to be the outcome. All rather mysterious, and a closely guarded secret.

😂😂 true story. a well kept secret for eternity 😂😄
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 20:07   #4
BroadwayBlueshirt

What price were you quoted.

I`ve been thinking of this myself but wouldn`t want to shell out more than £350
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 22:02   #5
Billwizz

MikeGMT Thank you for the reply

I see from your tag line you've had Polestar upgrade to your V90, in your option would you say its made enough difference to warrant to outlay and did you notice any differences in each mode after the upgrade ?

Last edited by Billwizz; Jan 21st, 2021 at 22:05.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 22:08   #6
Billwizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlueshirt View Post
What price were you quoted.

I`ve been thinking of this myself but wouldn`t want to shell out more than £350
I'm yet to get a quote I'm just try to find about how the upgrades effects the other driving modes, if at all
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 22:31   #7
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwizz View Post
Thank you for the reply

I see from your tag line you've had Polestar upgrade to your V90, in your option would you say its made enough difference to warrant to outlay and did you notice any differences in each mode after the upgrade ?
I'm very happy with the Polestar upgrade. If it was just a re-map I wouldn't have bothered as you don't get a great increase in power, but as a whole package it certainly transformed the car. I ran the car for 3 months so that I was used to the standard spec; and then had the Polestar installed. Driving away from the dealership it was immediately obvious that things were different, the car was a lot more frisky, and that was still in comfort mode, so I'm convinced the software does have a effect on the other drive modes.

A couple of things worth mentioning. If you are not in a hurry it is worth keeping an eye on the forum and My Volvo as every now and then they have special offers on Polestar. Have a word with your Volvo dealer as they will install the software, or at least they used to, for you to try for a few days so you can make a informed decision.

From memory I think the retail price is around the £700+ mark, I got mine done for £599 on a special offer, but I have seen it lower than that on occasions.

Mike

Last edited by MikeGMT; Jan 21st, 2021 at 22:48.
MikeGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeGMT For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 22:19   #8
theonlyone

After buying my 2017 V90CC D4 just prior to COVID, I've finally had the Polestar optimisation done. It changes the character of the car without a doubt; Comfort is quite different and I'd describe it as 'Dynamic plus'. 'Polestar' replaces 'Dynamic' and is 'Dynamic Plus Plus'. The greater emphasis on rear wheel drive can be felt when pressing on corners and it feels rock solid.

Initially, I felt that the serenity of 'Comfort' had gone, but I'm quickly getting used to it. Little pressure is needed on the throttle to get moving and accelerate, there is much less gearbox lag and overtaking and motorway joins are much more confident and pacey. If I want serenity, I can find it in 'ECO' mode.

Like others, I can't help feeling that these qualities should have been present in the car out of the factory, but I tend to keep my Volvos a long time, and I think it was worth having it done.