Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 xenon headlight

Views : 833

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2009, 23:18   #1
Ashley Williams

Default V50 xenon headlight

Hi Guys

Ive got a 54 reg v50 se with xenon headlights. Tonight started the car and the drivers side headlight has gone pink. This has hapened before and the dealer replaced under warrenty. But the car has gone out of warrenty. So we are looking for a replacment lamp. Any idea's on part number and where to get them from????? Dont fancy getting them from the dealer as they are a bit expensive.
Ashley Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 12:15   #2
Rufe
TRADER

i can give you a discounted price on a genuine lamp if that's any use to you (before checking i can say most lamps carry 20% off retail, so can be quite a saving). I only supply brand new genuine volvo parts so cant help with anything other than that, but if you are interested, please send me your registration number in a pm or an email in order for me to make sure i am getting the correct part number and price for you.

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 12:29   #3
fultonteri

Hi Everyone..

Is there not one on our cars? Every car I have owned, if I take the key out of the ignition, and open the door, there is a chime that goes off to indicate you left the headlights on.
I constantly leave my marker lights on by accident because there is no chime.
Also .. I have the bi-xenon's in my car. They come on every time I start up the car. Does this happen with you guys too? Or only when it gets dark enough? When people dissable DRL's .. is the drl's the little 194 bulb inside the headlights, or the actual daytime running of the bi-xenons?

Thanks for the answers
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 13:21   #4
Bernard333
Premier Member

Yes my 2003 V70 does the same and has Zenons , they come on as soon as you switch ignition on but if you then drive away with the light switch in the horizontal position the main headlight stays on but you cant get main beam to stay on but will still flash by holding the stalk . The middle 45 degree position just puts the side markers on and the headlights dip beam is off and the vertical position the headlights plus markers plus main beam can be switched rather than held . I have never understood why Volvo wired the car this way , other makes I have driven of the same year or newer dont do this , I know legislation is on the way that will require day time running lights but that could be a few years away. It could be they use the same wiring for countries where daytime headlights are mandatory but for me I would rather have had a choice for the past six years without having to pay to get the computer set to switch them off .
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote