Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Today's meet @ SW Auto's

Views : 2872

Replies : 54

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2005, 18:49   #1
bobcat
Premier Member

Have to say a big thanks to stuart for allowing us all take over his place, and allowing the free use of his workshop for the afternoon.

Also thanks for the excellent quote for my rear main seal that i will be taking up at some point, and the almost umbelievable price for a custom IC (as big as i want) that will be one of my next mods.

I will also impressed how quickly iain got his car fixed, and well done stuart for finding the turbo hanging of on chris's car.(edited by the moderator)

It was great putting names to faces and seeing some very nicely modded t5's, which were demonstrated on the nice straight country road that runs past sw auto's. Nice to see duane and julie again.

And as i said iain, i dont think anything is wrong with your car,felt quick and held 1 bar to redline.

so again thanks for a great afternoon and hope to see you all again soon.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 19:34   #2
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

Default RE: Today's meet @ SW Auto's

Hi Stuart Many many thanks for all of your effort today, It was excellent of you put your own time on our cars,
You will definitely be getting my work in the future and others that i will put your way,

regards Gary.

PS It was a great day out weather held out for us, and i got my fault codes read and erased plus headlight adjustment done for nothing,
Top guy that doesn't bull.
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 19:52   #3
IC
S60R/V70R

What a day, thanks for opening up your workshop for us Stuart, also a big thanks for looking at my car (thanks to Saffron C70's dad for helping as well!) and everybody elses! It was great to see such a big turnout of people, most who stayed all day. It was great to meet new people, have a look at other cars and see the cars on the ramp whilst you gave us an expert running commentary. Thanks also go to your family for making us all so welcome!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 20:22   #4
imac
Premier Member

Sounds like y'all had a good time & I missed something worthwhile!

Alas I was at work and couldn't get away until 4pm. If there is a next time I'll do my best to get the day off, given suitable pre warning!!!

One thing I have noticed is that Stuart @ SW never responds to my emails asking for quotes for work, and because of that I have yet to take either of our three T5's to SW to have any work done. I find it much easier to email garages than telephone, and as Adam @ VT will confirm, trying to get hold of me via telephone is bloody difficult!
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 20:25   #5
highgun

Great turnout, Great Company, Great day!! Cheers Stuart, and your family’s hospitality, sorry my car didn’t need any work doing, as its running perfect, just as well as you looked kind of busy.

Nice to put faces to names, look forward to the next meet.

All the best,

Tony
highgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 20:29   #6
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

quality day thanks Stu, & letting us have basically access all areas of your garage

good to see some familiar faces there & meeting so new ones.

sorry if BT scared anyone when she did the flypast (Alastairs fault, he was driving lol)

Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 21:26   #7
bobcat
Premier Member

>quality day thanks Stu, & letting us have basically access
>all areas of your garage
>
>good to see some familiar faces there & meeting so new ones.
>
>sorry if BT scared anyone when she did the flypast (Alastairs
>fault, he was driving lol)
>
>

your car would have been more at home a few mins down the road at headcorn aerodrome!!! - did sound awsome though.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 21:29   #8
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

Another excellent meet !

You guys missed the quality food in the pub after though !

Take care y'all till next time.

Chris

http://chriswhiteuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sava.jpg with a few go faster modifications . .

http://chriswhiteuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
SaffronC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 22:50   #9
Al115
Premier Member

Yes (as I posted up in the wrong thread) it was excellent to see everyone again. Photos to follow.

>sorry if BT scared anyone when she did the flypast (Alastairs
>fault, he was driving lol)

So much fun I had to do it twice!!!! Thanks Pedro. :-)

Alastair
----------------------------
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopos...357v70-sig.jpg
Al115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 23:01   #10
Dan F
Premier Member

Hi Iain.

What was you're idle problem? Air leak?

Sounds like I missed a great day, but I was roped into helping move my wife's elderly Grandmothers furnishings (and carpets) out of her current abode, ready to go into her new care home. ALthough th ecarpets went to different homoes.
I would surely like to attend another one of these soirees if any are arranged.

Also, can I ask who's turbo was hanging off? Did this not make itself fairly obvious with how the car performed before it was spotted?

Later,
Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote