Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Suspension Kits

Views : 878

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 30th, 2004, 13:50   #1
RedR

Hi all,

PFV do a Koni suspension kit for the 854 and S70. I am told that this kit wont fit an 855R. Does anyone know why??

What reasonably priced kits are there around for the 855R?
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 22:27   #2
Andy
Master Member

Default RE: Suspension Kits

KW's as discussed from Motorsport World, Ledas http://www.leda.com/ from Don at Kalmar.

Eibach springs are great (pro kit) and pro dampers if available are superb, if there is a kit available for the 855. If you remember they are on the Passat and are spot on compromise between handling and ride. Worth ringing around for prices as Elite was cheaper than Demon Tweaks by £30.

Koni and Bilstein- loads of info on Volvospeed if you do a search for 'shocks'.

See you soon

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 10:52   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

I suspect that the Koni kit will not fit the estate when fitted with rear self levelling.

Of that is the case with your car, then I can supply you with a front pair of Eibach springs. Just on their own theyt will help the handling abd give the car a slight nose down attitude which looks fine.

If you want to change the self levelling then you have to replace both the Nivomats for non self levellers plus the springs have to be replaced with at the least standard.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

PS half set of Eibachs... half the price of full set.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 15:07   #4
Al115
Premier Member

Is it possible to get "lowered" nivomats, then? I'd have thought it was even more important to have self-levelling in a lowered road-going estate than a standard-height one!

Alastair
Al115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 16:27   #5
volvotuning

Not really. Problem with the Nivomats is that if you fit lowering springs, the Nivomats think the car is loaded and pumps up, resulting in an even higher ride height!!

Adam.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 17:26   #6
don kalmar union
Trader

I do keep in stock a suspension kit just for the earlier V70 AWD estates, both R and LPT.

It is made by Sachs, consists of a set of lowered and uprated Eibach springs, front uprated struts, and rear Nivomats matched for lower ride height. It is virtually the same stuff as is on the V70R AWD cars... will make no difference to them if they already have a lowered chassis.... does the complete job on the LPT cars.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 17:30   #7
Al115
Premier Member

Aaaah... the nivomats "matched for lower ride height", that's what I was wondering about. Do they exist for non-AWD cars (I'm thinking specifically of my '99 V70 T5 here)?

Alastair
Al115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 17:36   #8
volvotuning

I guess I was wrong! Sorry.

Adam.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 18:06   #9
don kalmar union
Trader

The rear suspension of the earlier V70 AWD's was completely different to that of the front wheel drive cars. I am not aware that there is an uprated Nivomat for the front wheel drive vehicles. If there is it will be a Sachs item as they are the manufacturer and patent holder.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 00:12   #10
RedR

Thanks for all the replies guys!! Very interesting.

I do in fact have self levelling suspension, but I dont want it!!

I just want a "Normal" set up, with springs and shox all round. What I'm wondering, is that if I change the upper shock mounts on the back, will the Saloon kit then fit my R??

As I said earlier, PFV do a kit for about £500.