Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The straw that broke the camels back

Views : 1923

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread : Kev0607, paulodipoggio

Old Yesterday, 18:25   #31
NMB
Volvo XC90 T6 & XC90 D5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xco View Post
Yes I can relate to your thinking pattern m8 but enough was enough time for a fresh start.....
17k all but £5.00. but the new car has done only 56k... 2K TI for my XC90....£500 deposit given ....
£14.495 handed over on collecting last week and I haven't looked back.
New road tax on jag £240 so already saved £400 on that this year....Using cruise sensibly have already achieved 55mpg(not seen that since I owned my V70)
Don't need a 7 seater anymore so time to go...I'm 😊
And how much devaluation over the next 3 years ?

If you want a new car then go get one - chuffed for you, really. BUT please dont state that its just because you save £300 a year in road tax, probably £300 a year in insurance + what ever mileage you are saving on (suggest you probably are not doing that many miles)...

Most peoiple on here are intelligent and to pitch this argument for trading in is a bit lame in my book.

Sorry, I honestly mean no offence, just be honest please.
Old Today, 06:14   #32
xco
Premier Member

Knowing that if I had kept my XC90 I would this year on a 16 year old car be asked to pay £710 for my VED I am extremely glad I made the move.
By the way my Jag is not a new car it is 10 years old quite young in miles so worth a lot more than others but at the moment is holding its value quite well because it is quite rare which is why I bought it.

As to any other reasons well I have merely made comparisons as to why after 17 years with only D5's of varying models I chose to move on so I HAVE been honest with my reasons and am offended that you would think otherwise so I respectfully suggest you read all the posts and digest the facts properly before you post.

I see you have only been on here for 4 years whereas I have been posting since 2009 many people know my style of posting and accept it for what it is.... personal views being shared with other like minded forum members.
Last year by swapping from my XC90 (£675 new VED)to my Jag (£240 newVED) I saved £435 on my VED alone not £300 as you have stated.
My insurance went from £360 fully comp protected on the XC90 to £420 fully comp protected on the Jag so a slight increase due to it being classed a high performance car but bearable.

This year with the XC90 the VED being £710 but on the Jag although it has gone up to £255 this year I have still saved £455 on VED alone this year.

I have yet to learn how much my insurance will be as that's not due until August.
The only thing I miss from my XC90 is the elevated driving position.

I have looked into moving to a 3ltr V6 D F Pace to get my elevated view back and was pleasantly surprised to find the VED to be the same at £255 this year and the same mpg return but that's a later on decision at the moment.
I stated in a past post in this thread that I don't like any Volvo's post P2 and I still don't but I am pleased you like your XC90 but you don't say whether you have MK1 or MK2.

.By the way I've just seen on Google news that if you're car is 5 mtr's or over the car parks are starting to introduce a £70.00 fine for vehicle overhang in a parking plot.
I am pleased for you that your car length sits just inside the 5 mtr length as does mine.
Wherever you go............There you are!!!

Last edited by xco; Today at 06:26.
xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37   #33
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, unfortunate re this recent 'tiff'. I for one appreciate you posts over the few years I have been posting.

My xc90 is my '03' but after having Volvo cars for the last 30 or more years thought it a useful car for me in my retirement. A d it has been.

My car is running fine at the moment, but I realize that it is now very long in the tooth and feel guilty that, as a diesel, it is a huge pollution risk and my next car will certainly be hibrid.

But this is a huge leap ( for me ). I have vida and code readers for my old girl,

I really want to stay with the Volvo marque but my move has to be to the xc90 t8 if I want hibrid. No doubt my diagnostic technologies well need to change and my local volvo garage 40 mins (at least) away.

Not that anyone will be caught, but there is an eBay ad for an xc90 t8 < £10k on the 'bay' that is most definitely a scam, (ask me how I know)..they pretend to be a haulage company but just ask to see the car before buying.

So I keep looking as my old girl gets older. I know this is the wrong forum for later Volvo cars, but I do understand the dilemma for those who want to stay with the. Volvo marque but remain I will!

So thanks for past posts and good luck with your jag, looks a nice spec but not for me.

John l
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote