Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Turn off central screen (AAOS)

Views : 385

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 26th, 2024, 21:12   #1
Roland_F

Default Turn off central screen (AAOS)

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the infotainment screen in the AAOS Volvos (I have a MY24 XC60), please? The screen comes on when the car door is unlocked and opened, and seems to stay on regardless of the ignition position.

I sometimes need to sit in the car when parked for some time, without wanting any infotainment, so the screen is pointlessly draining power until the warning message comes on about power usage and then auto shuts-down.

I'm aware of screen-cleaning mode, but that still appears to leave the system powered up.
Roland_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2024, 08:53   #2
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Have you tried a long turn and hold on the engine on/off dial? In the direction of off, of course.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5; 2016 XC90 T8
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2024, 09:51   #3
Tony Gathercole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland_F View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the infotainment screen in the AAOS Volvos (I have a MY24 XC60), please? The screen comes on when the car door is unlocked and opened, and seems to stay on regardless of the ignition position.

I sometimes need to sit in the car when parked for some time, without wanting any infotainment, so the screen is pointlessly draining power until the warning message comes on about power usage and then auto shuts-down.

I'm aware of screen-cleaning mode, but that still appears to leave the system powered up.
Have you tried turning the ignition to position 0 and then opening the driver's door a few centimetres and then closing it again (without getting out)? On my V90 this turns the infotainment system and screen off.

Also, dosen't your car also offer to close the infotainment down if the car is switched off and the system isn't in use after 20 minutes or so (offers "shutdown" or "continue" on mine)?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Gathercole For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2024, 00:51   #4
sbillard

Use the screen cleaning function. https://www.volvocars.com/mt/support...20clean&page=0

I don't know if this will get reset when you open the door, but the screen will stay off while you are sitting there.
sbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2024, 17:36   #5
Roland_F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gathercole View Post
Have you tried turning the ignition to position 0 and then opening the driver's door a few centimetres and then closing it again (without getting out)?
To close out my question, this solution works.

Typically, I am coming back to my parked car, and want to get in it, put a window down a few centimetres (which requires the ignition on), then turn everything off with me sitting inside. Once the ignition goes on, the infotainment fires up, and remains on. However, Tony's solution works: ensure the ignition is turned off, open the driver's door (the centre screen goes off), then close it again.

One useful feature I discovered is that pushing and holding the door lock pad on the exterior door handle triggers all open windows to wind up, just as it does by pushing and holding the lock button on the key fob.
Roland_F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roland_F For This Useful Post: