View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 10:44   #1
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Default Anti Skid Message Fault Code BCM108 and BCM109

Morning all,

I have an anti skid message (sorry I can’t remember what it was but will report back when I get home).

Symptoms are starting vehicle and driving down the road. Take a strong turn and then the error comes up.

Now it’s on constantly from start.

I have the following messages from VIDA. (Both codes are red).

BCM108 communication between control units communicational problem with SAS, control module not initiated.

BCM109 communication between control units communicational problem with SAS, control module internal fault.

I assume this is the steering angle sensor (clock spring on the steering column).

The replacement part is expensive if I get it wrong, is there anything else it could be?

I also have the following amber codes (as they are amber I assume these are of little concern).

BCM103 pedal position sensor faulty signal.
SAS0007 control module internal fault
SAS000E steering wheel angle sensor internal fault.

I have a squeaking sound from the column when turning and had been Googling how to lubricator column. It aoubds like a well worn rubber bushing is squeezing when turning the wheel.

As I say, if it were an £80 part I would replace the steering angle sensor however at £400 I would prefer to have a good idea/confirmation.

Very grateful for any input you guys would have!

Thanks so much!
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote