Thread: Sim Card
View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 14:20   #8
kzu

I just installed Vodafone 100Gb SIM card in my car. It was supplied by the dealer with no instructions.
Steps to take:
Put the SIM card in to the cars modem
Go to Settings/Connecttions/Car modem internet
Tick the box on top to activate the feature.
Go to Network check operator is correct (I left it on auto) and check if data roaming is activated, activate as it will allow to use other networks infrastructure.
Now you need to open a Vodafone account, Google vodafone internet in the car.
Set up an account there. Create user and password, provide personal info, telephone number and email.
Once you set up and logged in you will be able to activate the SIM card.
To do it website tells you to turn on WIFI hotspot in the car and connect to it.
In your car turn on WIFI hotspot: go to:
Settings/Connections/Car WiFi hotspot and tick the box. Use credentials shown to connect your phone (on which you are logged in to Vodafone account) to this hotspot. Refresh website. After few moments you will notice on Vodafone account you are able to activate the SIM card and start a "free trial" this is what you need to do. Free trial is the 100gb for 365 days.
Click on the blue button and wait. Website is quite slow. Takes about 30 sec to respond.
After short time SIM card is activated, now start free trial.
What I had to do for internet to start working is to leave the car and lock the door, so infotainment turns off. then go back so it restarts.
Once it restarted you should see a globe icon it top left corner of the screen. Will take few moments to appear.
You can turn off wifi hotspot now if you don't plan to use it and test the internet connection.
kzu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kzu For This Useful Post: