View Single Post
Old Aug 26th, 2021, 16:39   #11
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

^^^ Rustproofing ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo321GO View Post
I've owned a fair few P80 chassis cars and I can tell you they all rust, especially in the following places- Sills from the centre outwards(drain hole), rear chassis rails(especially the exhaust side), rear inner wings underneath the arch liners, floor pans usually only a bit of surface rust towards the rear and up at the shock towers.

Anyone that says these don't rust has never taken the sill covers off, arch liners off or checked the car properly underneath. They can pass
M.O.T's because they can't see where the rust is and usually holes are but they really shouldn't be passing them at all from what I've seen.

My advice is to take off the sill covers, and arch liners and also if you as re like me the rear bumper because you can see inside the rear chassis legs from there.
These are the first things I do when I buy one. I have owned 5 of them and they are all the same!
If people want these cars to be here in the future then they need to be sorted just now before it's too late.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Aug 26th, 2021 at 16:43.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote