View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 21:02   #33
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
VR. Did it arrive OK?
It all started years ago when I decided to turn my ‘lorry parking yard’ into a garden. Had a garage put up and then set about deciding what to do, so got in some ‘landscapers’ ‘designers‘ and ‘builder‘ types. Crikey the money they wanted to charge, so I figured, despite being useless at things like building I would do it myself for less than a quarter of the price….cue watching that Diarmuid Gavin , Alan Titchmarsh et al on TV over and over! Now I am the first to say I am the most useless when it comes to ‘building things’ so a pal of mine helped me (or rather the other way round) and we had a great time. Upshot was , it made him decide, as he was handy, he would be good at it long term and having been made redundant would be a good career in which to engage. I popped a few quid his way in appreciation and helped him set up for himself as a basic general gardener, maintainer, landscaper etc. He is now based Carlisle /Scotland way, employs a couple of people and doing very nicely indeed, and it was him who is coming to add the extras. As for me erecting a pergola, I think I would have more success at doing an engine swap in a car!!!

As yet not here and not yet done although hopefully after Easter sometime. Snow (bl00dy weather) and fuel (bl00dy tanker drivers/Unite) permitting

Regards

Last edited by volvorocks; Apr 4th, 2012 at 21:04. Reason: swop/swap
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post: