View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2022, 14:31   #38
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
You highly underestimate Volvos engineering and parts quality ... Its not a "normal" car .. thats why you bought one right? Obviously a water pump failure is an engine wrecker so that is why they chose the very best components available on it .
I have been working on volvos professionally since before these water pumps were introduced in 1990 in the 960 , I have not heard of or seen one water pump failure irrespective of mileage .. These pumps continue on the current engines . The only water pumps I change are those non volvo ones which some back street garage fitted previously whilst throwing the perfectly good high quality volvo pump in the bin ! The non volvo pumps have a very short life span just like a "normal" car ....
I bought my XC60 from a long standing car dealer and was told cam belt had just been changed. There was paperwork supporting this from an independent garage but the cambelt kit on the invoice is a Gates part no. Not sure if they did the water pump or not at the same time. Now I'm wondering if I need to check and maybe have the whole job done again!
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote