View Single Post
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 16:21   #15
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post

1 - If you've got a genuine pump and your stripping down - then why not change it? The risk of failure is low but even lower if you change it.

2 - I hate to break it to you but you might have bought the wrong kit as the listing is for the Euro 3 engine, yours will be Euro 4. That said if you supplied your reg or VIN number, Caffyns are very good and will likely have supplied the correct parts but I'd check before I take it all to bits....
When I posted that message, I didn’t know that the OP had a genuine Volvo cam belt kit.

My point is, if it wasn’t a genuine kit, I wouldn’t take off a Volvo pump & replace it with some cheap aftermarket part. The aftermarket kit would have to be a decent/reputable brand & not some cheap part from an unknown brand.

However, as the OP has purchased genuine parts & the water pump is included, then it makes sense to change it. However, if the pump wasn’t included in the kit & the genuine one isn’t leaking & spins freely, then it could be left well alone. Water pump failure isn’t common on D5’s (not ones fitted with genuine/quality parts anyway)… its almost unheard of.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 16:30.
Kev0607 is online now   Reply With Quote